HELP!!! Locking wheel nut just stripped.

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
S**t!

Do my suspension, finished drivers side, start removing wheel bolt from passenger side and the inside of the locking wheel bolt has just striped away so i not have a locking wheel bolt with a circle outside and a near of circular inside :S

only option to dril it out?

Iv tried smacking a socket into & onto it and then seeing it that will bite enough to get it off.

still on at full tension :S

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
bugger mate. i hope you get it off soon. someone on here will suggest what the best way is soon. i thought the smaller socket would have done the trick. you might have to get one of them locking wheel nut removers from a motor factors, cant remember if screwfix do these. i saw them somewhere for about £25.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Metal epoxy mate. Only thing I can think of short of drilling it. Will drop some over after work, cover the inside of the bolt with it and then insert the locking nut and wait for it to dry and bond. Hopefully it will hold enough to crack it off.

mestonian

Sep 6, 2010
W. yorkshire
a good quality torx 40 or 45 socket i think it was. mine did this a couple of month ago. About 25 seconds hammering it into whats left of the bolt and bingo!!

zico

hammer + chisel = win

got locking wheelnuts off my old car in under 5 mins

MK R BOY

Mar 5, 2008
Hi Ben

If you have never drilled out something like this before I wouldn't try it if I were you. Its a little more complex than just taking a drill to it.

I have never done my wheels but Ive done some small screws in my shower before and even that was hard, you have to be very careful to use the right size drill bit, and you have to get it dead square or otherwise when you use the die to remove the old metal bits you will bugger the screw thread.

I would see this as an absolute last resort mate.

ATB
Lee

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.