Adam's K03s Imperial Blue Mk3 Ibiza Cupra: car sold BUT HAVE SOME BITS LEFT OVER

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
Had a spare hour today so busted out the chemical guys orange degreaser i had and some autosol set about trying to spruce up the engine bay a bit.

Anyways here it is before, not that bad really but some tlc should make it smarter.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

So got some of the degreaser on all the oily dusty stuff and let soak for a bit then went at it with a microfibre. Got most the stuff off but on the rocker cover is hard to get all the nooks and crannies.

Once wiped up i had a go at using some Autosol on the charge pipe, came up really shiny :) was very happy then moved onto the rocker cover but only managed to do one section before thinking that its going to be impossible to get as good a shine as on the charge pipe so just buffed it up with microfibre.

Then thought about painting the inlet a textured black rather than the stoney sort of metal that it was so got some black engine lacquer and painted it on. Came out ok not as decent results as with the charge pipe but different. paint still wet in pics may look different when dried but here we go.....

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

and thats that, finished off by going over all the plastics with some Autoglym trim restorer funny green stuff! maybe next time ill get an old tooth brush and go round the rocker cover more stringently.

ooo and heard from the guy from ukmkivs today who is sending my turbo 2moro via parcelforce apprently woop.

Adam.

Last edited:

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
Coldside update

So before i go off to get the ko3s dialled in at monster motorsport i thought id have a go at doing the DV coldside relocation.

With some useful info from Berg i managed to get hold of all the parts i needed without having to pay nearly 3 times as much for the forge stuff!

Heres all the stuff on my floor, the blue should tart up the engine bay a bit too :)

IMG_0091.jpg

Old pipes and clips out, plus some nasty gunk on old pipes!
standard hose clamps are a pain to get off in tight spaces girly hands required plus 50 layers of skin...

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

Once old pipes are out the way its time to think about what order and what trimming needs doing to do the new hosing. I began at the bottom and worked up at first. 1st mistake was tightening jubilee clips without making sure it lined up so kept having to undo them again.
Best method if i was doing it again would probably be too try and match new hoses to the shape of old hose and trim and position to suit then slide it back onto car.

heres it coming along...

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

After a few broken clips and some painful hands later its getting there, while i had the inlet pipe off i had access to the pipe that joins the charge pipe at the front of the engine so switched that for a sexy blue pipe too.

Once the pipes are on from inlet down to map sensor tube down right down behind radiator fan etc the rest is far easier so moving the DV it self and using the flexi tube is piss so done in minutes.

Final result looks something like this...

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

Hoses popped off a few times but repositioned some clamps/clips seems ok now.

Will find out if they stay on 2moro when i go back to the mapper for my adjustment!

Adam

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
Update

Went mappers a while back after having ko3s fitted, was told that car was running very lean and throwing up a lambda code.

had the lamda replaced got same code so think its going to be a fuel pump so can upgrade to a LCR 225 one :)

Also changed a coolant temp sensor as there was a code for that and seems fine now.

Also fitted a stubby aireal in all the madness lol will get a pic at some point.

but for now need a fuel pump then getting it fitted then back to mappers to get a proper run!

Adam

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
As promised heres a pic of ma stubby aireal nothing that exciting really lol

Also changed my rocker cover gasket and went ahead and sprayed it up black at the same time.

Was dark when i got it back on so no final pics but will get some eventually.

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

some randoms

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

Few things still to do;

Steering rack gaitor

LCR fuel pump to stop it running lean and slow!

fuel filter

back to mappers (once LCR pump is in)

tint rear windows

bonnet respray

think thats about it lol

Adam

Last edited:

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
UPDATE

finally got hold of a 4 bar pump and will be getting that on and back to mappers asap!

for now though i had a bit of spare time the other day so thought id get my rear seat badge to match the front one...

so... to start,

IMG_0112.jpg

all masked up etc...

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

and walaaaaa finished...

IMG_0115.jpg

mucho better.

here is said pump from an S3...

IMG_0118.jpg

more than half the price of a new LCR pump!

also recently got that steering rack gaiter sorted, a new fuel filter on and a oil (fully synth 5w 40) and filter change.

Adam

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
Looking good mate, whats the ride like with coilovers compared to before?

Ride is just a bit more butt clenching over some bumps but overall much better :)

Lovely car. Really liked those Speedlines lol, must say that your current alloys are very tasty though ;)
Looks sweeeeet.

Speedlines were too big for my liking, current ones are just what i wanted although might go for 195/40 profile tyres next time that wont be for a while tho. gotta put the white wheels back on soon with the 195/50 dunlop winter tyres on :p hehe

Adam

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.