aBhardwaj1990's old school "bit on the side", Britney the Beemer!

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Some of the bolts are so hard to get out with just a halfords socket set :happy:

IMAG0521.jpg

22 year old brakes and suspension FTL. All bolts are out apart from this one bar steward. The track end ball joint.

IMAG0522.jpg

Note: hammer did not work lol

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
Glad your still going with it. I keep toying with the idea of an E30 track sl@g.

Here's a quick snap of dads, not great Im afraid but still my favourite car! :D

98aa0395.jpg

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
IMAG0522.jpg

Note: hammer did not work lol[/QUOTE]

arun, now try using a proper hammer instead of your mums toffee hammer and a ball joint splitter. if you need one, shout!!!;)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
IMAG0522.jpg

Note: hammer did not work lol

arun, now try using a proper hammer instead of your mums toffee hammer and a ball joint splitter. if you need one, shout!!!;)[/QUOTE]

Lol that's exactly what I was thinking, that's a sissy hammer, what are you trying to do? Tickle it?:D

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
I don't wanna break anything haha. I could use my sledge hammer if that makes you happy?

Phil, ball joint splitter, talk to me. I have no idea what I'm doing, just been guessing so far and have been pretty much right :happy:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Take the nut off and whack the arm where the bolt joint bolt goes through, I'll be really impressed if you managed to break it.:)

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
That's the annoying part, nut has loosened, is at the top of the bolt but now the whole thing is spinning. No way of gripping the actual bolt to get the nut off.

That's the dilemma I'm in, I'll be borrowing an impact gun this week sometime which will have it off in a jiffy :)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Just put an axle stand under it and lower the weight of the car onto it to hold it tight, if that fails get your hack saw or grinder out.:)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Seriously man you be easier just chopping the bugger off with the angle grinder and buying a new track rod end.:)