T5 Caravelle 2.5 174

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Lambo rep's ?

Might leave you guessing for a bit... Nah, sod it - BMW X5 wheels.

Two sets of fronts (hard to get), as the rears on the X5 are 10.5J.

You could run them with a leeeeetle bit of stretch on a normal van, but the door cards on the sliders on the caravelle are a bit deeper, and the doors didn't open all the way back :whistle:

Look good

Cheers.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yes, thought about it and I've decided that I'm absolutely not sure :D

You can't buy the OE Sportline spoiler unless you have a Sportline VIN Number and even then, they are big money. There are some aftermarket ones, now, but they are GRP which puts me off.

I kind of like the "smoothness" of the original Caravelle bumbers, but I think the wheels (or maybe just the tyres) are too big to get away with leaving it smooth.

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
Yes, thought about it and I've decided that I'm absolutely not sure :D

You can't buy the OE Sportline spoiler unless you have a Sportline VIN Number and even then, they are big money. There are some aftermarket ones, now, but they are GRP which puts me off.

I kind of like the "smoothness" of the original Caravelle bumbers, but I think the wheels (or maybe just the tyres) are too big to get away with leaving it smooth.

you can buy the sportline spoiler from the stealer i did wanted the sportline badge but need a sportline vin for that strange thing is my insurance class's it as a sportline :confused: :shrug: here is my 175 t5 but its chipped to 230 :) just fitted my smooth bumpers on (old pic though)

001-19.jpg

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I'm loving this, the idea keeps coming into my head to get one of these. Would be ideal for my track days!

Keep it up, it's looking good!

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Had an awesome week. Gwithian farm was brilliant. Gwithian, Hayle and Godrevy is/are a fantastic beach.

Now the suspension is tight, a remap is on the cards.

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
Kind-of wishing I got a V6, it drinks diesel at "making progress" speeds...

yeah mine too plus been back to vw 3 times for 174bhp does not go like i thought it would plus too long geared it ok when im in holland there roads are flat over here though not brill , maybe should of bought the v6 vito sport instead well maybe next year

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Gearing on mine is fine :confused:

1st was a bit low, but the wheels have smoothed it out.

Mine goes like it's got 174

I just mean that, for the fuel consumption, I might as well got a V6 and had the noise. Mind you, I've no idea what consumption I'd get out of a V6. Also, I would've been daydreaming about strapping a turbo on it then...

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
This month I have mostly been trying to sort some rubbing issues at the front. Ripping some plastic off, warming some bits and removing the odd arch liner screw. I swear I was not going to get all "scene" on it, but I think there's another 10mm in the front.

Maybe smaller tyres would solve it, but I the tyres that's on it will stay, although it doesn't have the lowered look I was after.

Some stickers to chuck on - although I can't find a "no fools left in this van overnight" sticker...

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
I always see two of these every morning, one is candy white and looks very tidy, the other is almost like a matt blue with black bonnet and a blue checkered sort of stripe going up the bonnet, which is also quite nice.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
lol. Mate of mine showed up when I was kipping in the van for the weekend. Dry as a bone he said "f**k me, who's is the padded cell?"

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members