Model of the Sat Nav in a Sport Tech

Irksome

Feb 27, 2011
Indeed I have both discs ... can't see the other one ever getting used.

Can't get any of my SD cards to work - but that will be discussed on another thread ;-)

GeorgeMog

Jul 5, 2011
Feel like I am getting no-where. Had enough of the radio reception issues with the Pioneer unit last weekend, emailed the dealer and SEAT customer service on Monday. Had the manager of the dealership phone me up on Monday. Discussed the issues that I have with the Pioneer unit with him and also issues about the paperwork that was supposed to be done when the car was delivered. He promised to get back to me by the end of business on Monday. Nothing. That was the last that I heard of him.

Telephoned SEAT customer service this afternoon, to find out about the email that I sent them on Monday. The first lady that I spoke to was very pleasant, but couldn't help me because she was not dealing with my case. Eventually I spoke to the lady that was dealing with my case and was told SEAT were very sorry, but because of the tsunami in Japan they couldn't get the RNS-E unit and had to fit the Pioneer unit. She was not interested in discussing the issues that I have with the radio reception of the unit or the poor quality of the installation. My car also is missing an light in the glove compartment where they have removed it to feed the iPod cables through. I stated that newer SEAT Exeo cars are now arriving with the RNS-E unit and was told that I was wrong. When I stated my source as an online forum, she told me that it was not a reliable source and what I read meant nothing. The next sentence had me astounded, I was offered £100 as a good will gesture, because there was nothing else that could be done. I refused and told her that the Pioneer unit cost £900 and the RNS-E unit cost £1400. At that point she essentially couldn't do anything and refused to discuss the issue further. I have asked for her manager to call me so that I can discuss the issue with somebody that can help me.

I feel cheated. The specification of the car that I ordered had an RNS-E unit in it. The car I get delivered has a Pioneer unit instead. Whilst on paper the Pioneer unit looks superior, the performance of the radio in my SEAT Exeo is not on a par with the Audi radios that my wife's car has and my old car had.

Lets see what this manager will have to say.

Not happy.

Irksome

Feb 27, 2011
GeorgeMog, I'd love to be able to help but I can't believe you've left it this long to kick up a fuss. Nobody seems to have appreciated that this Pioneer issue was a significant problem, in terms of the OEM spec of a vehicle you may have/want to sell in the future and in terms of the lack of integration of the replacement unit.

I've been fortunate, or maybe (and I really think this is a possibility) my dealer has sussed my approach to this issue from the beginning and delayed delivery of my car until I got the RNS-E and nothing to complain about. In your case I think you need now to stop pandering to Seat and get the solution you want and paid for.

Unfortunately I don't think you can reject the car because a) its past the reasonable period within which you can do so (can you confirm the exact length of time you have had the car?) and b) because you have allowed Seat to attempt to repair the problems you are having.

Nonetheless, I do think you have a strong period to claim against the dealer to bring the car to the spec you ordered and carry out what ever works necessary to resolve other problems within a reasonable period of time - for a new car that time is not going to be greater than 14 days in my humble and unlearned opinion.

I'd be telling my DEALER - not SEAT UK (you are not their customer) that I want the fitted unit replaced with a fully functional unit (RNS-E) or that you will be replacing at your own cost and pursuing them for the cost of the replacement plus the loss of use etc etc. Put it in writing - don't do it on the phone. You can copy SEAT UK into this letter, as it may oil the wheels, but be in no doubt that your contract is with the dealer and if you financed / paid by credit card jointly with that organisation (to whom you should also copy all letters).

Just to reinforce what I have said ... you may get a result by talking nicely to SEAT UK ... you may however not. Writing insistently to the dealer laying out the facts (the unit is not as specified, does not work correctly, and is not a comparable replacement to the unit originally PROMISED (contractually - look at the brochure) and specifying what remedy (what you want done - new RNS-E fitted) and within what timeframe (14 days) will get you a result, especially if you point out that you will not cease to exhaust your legal options in order to obtain a satisfactory result.

Lastly ... if SEAT UK are so certain that the RNS-E is not available, you should ask them how I navigated to Yorkshire from London this evening in my new Exeo ST (delivered Wednesday direct from Dealer) without the use of any equipment made by Panasonic. (OK I knew the way but I did use a factory fitted device that looks rather like an RNS-E, complete with crappy iPod integration!)

gcott

May 21, 2011
Hertfordshire
Seems strange that some cars are being delivered with the RNS-E and others are being delivered with the Pioneer system.

Reading through this post its actually unclear as to what cars and what week builds are being supplied with which system.

Someone posted that vehicles upto week 26 would be supplied with the Pioneer system while someone else posted that the Pioneer system is to be fitted indefinately.

Well I had a phone call from my dealer yesterday (Friday) giving me an update on my order.

As it stands my Exeo 2.0 TDi (143) ST was order on 25th May. It was built w/c 11th July, which is week 28. It is currently deleyed in England at the port.

The dealer told me that my car has got the Pioneer system fitted as a free upgrade, bearing in mind that my car ordered was not the Tech model and should have been delivered with the standard CD/radio.

Now I'm not sure if they are again fitting the RNS-E to any models, I just wondered why the standard CD/radio is being upgraded to the Pioneer system, well in my case anyway. Only thing I can think of is they have surplus stock of said Pioneer system and need to get them out and are fitting the RNS-E to the Tech models.

Anyway I've still got a couple of weeks to wait till my new car is ready for collection.

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
we got our se on the 29th june it came with the upgraded radio with sat nav, not only that the decals on the car say tech on the sides so its just a little bonus for se owners but the centre display unit is the same so nowt shows up in that from the unit and some controls on wheel like phone button which i find a pain, unless thats a bug don`t no.

Irksome

Feb 27, 2011
we got our se on the 29th june it came with the upgraded radio with sat nav, not only that the decals on the car say tech on the sides so its just a little bonus for se owners but the centre display unit is the same so nowt shows up in that from the unit and some controls on wheel like phone button which i find a pain, unless thats a bug don`t no.

What? I'll translate the bits I understood ...

You received your Exeo ST SE on the 29th June, and it came with the Sat Nav unit installed. Good it should have had one, but you don't say which - the Pioneer, or the RNS-E version?

Your SE came with the Tech badges on the side, so you ordered the SE Tech probably? If you didn't order the SE Tech, which version did your order?

I can't quite make out the rest of your post - can you clarify please?

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
What? I'll translate the bits I understood ...

You received your Exeo ST SE on the 29th June, and it came with the Sat Nav unit installed. Good it should have had one, but you don't say which - the Pioneer, or the RNS-E version?

Your SE came with the Tech badges on the side, so you ordered the SE Tech probably? If you didn't order the SE Tech, which version did your order?

I can't quite make out the rest of your post - can you clarify please?

sorry tired

translate we ordered a SE and got Tech and a pioneer radio, got the order form in front of me
says SE what we got was SE Tech very odd, we had no idea till we got home and noticed the badges and the extra`s we did not pay for. :blink: bit of a mixed up I think.

MisterW

Apr 7, 2011
Your SE came with the Tech badges on the side
Que!, my SE Tech hasn't got any badges on the side, apart from the TDi one that is.
what we got was SE Tech
I presume you didn't get the Tech's leather seats though, just the standard SE radio replaced by the Pioneer SatNav?

almondo

Jul 18, 2011
Tamworth, Staffs
Que!, my SE Tech hasn't got any badges on the side, apart from the TDi one that is.

I presume you didn't get the Tech's leather seats though, just the standard SE radio replaced by the Pioneer SatNav?

When I ordered my Sport Tech at the end July, the dealer had a brand new one round the back in the lock-up to show me what mine would look like.

From memory it had red/silver embossed TECH badges on the rear passenger door trim near to the rear wheel arch.

Irksome

Feb 27, 2011
Mine has the Tech badges on the rear doors ... presumably it was the Week 28(?) change when they changed the backs of the front seats?

Simon H

I think I can offer something on this discussion - I have taken delivery of an Exeo Sport Tech 170 2 weeks ago with the AVIC F930BT Pioneer unit installed - The full hit on spec. I will post up some pics for yall in a while. I just wanted to clarify my experience so far. The pioneer unit looks good with the piano black interior. There are 2 models of this pioneer unit - the F930BT and the F30BT, the latter of which does support voice control. The 930BT (the one supplied to me) does not so the speaker control on the wteering wheel does not function.

Despite the comments on hear the Pioneer unit supplied is one of the best aftermarket head unit you can buy - in terms of operational functionality, quality of navigation and touch screen performance I cannot fault it. Coupled with the BOSE 10 speaker unit and amp the sound is unbelievable - however I must emphaisie setup! The pioneer does not come fitted to the car fully setup - there are at least 10 various funtions that you have to tweek on the unit before you achieve a crystal sound but believe we when i tell you once you set this up (you tube is your friend) you will not complain - I very much doubt that the stock head unit is superior in sound quality with the BOSE output.

Now for the issues....

The head unit will continuously switch itself off and reset the presets on radio, settings etc. I took the car into a Seat dealer who told me that their has been a recall on the Ipod interface connections and so they ordered the upgraded, fitted it and since it has not done it once!

The radio quality is OK, its not brilliant and certainly does not compliment the sound from a digital source however its not that bad and again with the correct setup you can have it sounding sweet.

Away from the head unit I also had my car delivered with a faulty ac fan which again Seat replaced and now its all good. I have been assured that QA is done buy Audi trained personel and faults are very rare. Seat want this car to work and become a popular choice for what it says on the tin!

Simon H

OK so here are some pics.....

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

geeforty

There is a Black ST (sport tech) at Letchworth SEAT - unregistered, that has the RNS-E unit.

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
just took mine into the dealers due to the unit turning off and back on again for no reason also while watching videos while parked up blank screen till i pressed the brake, the unit thought i was driving, was not, using blutooth same thing shut down, they had a good look at the unit some of the plugs had come loose and the gps plug was hanging out.

anyway all put right no bad for just driving in to report it and fixed there and then no booking in. :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.