LED Lighting

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I have just bought these clicky They look exactly the same as the carmodshop ones that deffo work and they are from Ultraleds so I should be OK for a refund if they don't.

This thread has gone a bit off topic, the thread title could do with changing.

They didn't work even though they look exactly the same as the ones from themodshop that work in the MK2 Leon and are out of stock. I'm sending them back. The search continues...........

Interesting info............I fitted 10w bulbs with the same fitting as the correct 21w bulbs and I also got a bulb failure message so the Exeo is really quite picky about it's bulbs.

Last edited:

mcdonald

Interesting info............I fitted 10w bulbs with the same fitting as the correct 21w bulbs and I also got a bulb failure message so the Exeo is really quite picky about it's bulbs.

Don't think so. I think there's not enough current going through the 10W bulb (appr. 0.8A), so it's detected as an broken bulb.
The amount of current going through the 21W bulb is appr. 1.75A. So twice as much.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
^^^^^^good old ohm's law ;). I wasn't sure if it would actually require the full current draw of a 21w bulb to stop triggering the warning but it obviously does. I was thinkingf of solderingf a 5w or maybe a 10w bulb in line to fool the ECU the same as a resistor but a 21w bulb each side under the engine bay would be a bit silly.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I think that you can turn off the bulb check feature for individual sets of bulbs (well you could on the MK2 Leon) with VCDS so I'm going to loot into doing this after my holiday next week.

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
Nath,

I sent you a PM but I assume you never got it.
I see these are now back in stock. Have you re-ordered and tested them in the Exeo, or have you found a decent alternative for your DRL's?

Cheers
Dale

The ones that work are out of stock >>>>>>http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/Canbus white 27 SMD LED BA15s 1156 382 bulbs but I read that you can still get them from the USA :shrug:

What ones did you buy that didn't work? Do you have a Link? I'm thinking of giving these a go >>>>>>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Can-Bus-White...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aab781d1f

Long nosed pliers did the trick for me after I removed the air intake pipe (2 screws)

OrangePeel

Aug 23, 2008
Paisley
Sorry to bring this back up, but now unsure what bulbs to order...

Has anyone ordered or fitted DRL replacement bulbs yet? If so what ones from where and are you happy with the results (no errors, happy with brightness etc...)

Many thanks guys.

OP

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise