Petes banana boat progress.k04 build. LCr3"downpipe&decat and forge actuator PICS

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
will do james hopefully by tonight pics will be up :) , also sending turbo back to bill get forge actuator fitted :)

in regards to water/meth how easy is it to fit or roughly how long it take for a professional ?, cause egt temps do worry as i run gas which does run a bit hotter anyway

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
I have never fitted it before, but doesnt look too hard, bit of plumbing and a bit of wireing, all simple stuff just take your time. AEM comes with a decent set of instructions too.
Changing & setting up the actuator is a 10 minute job tops mate

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
have no idea how to do it to be honest i no theory of it , but don't want to get it worng as bill is only charger £20 plus may need a different spring as i think danny set it up with much stronger spring

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
I suppose £20 not too bad for piece of mind. Danny's was a standard K04 and it worked well with the stronger spring, he said it made a huge difference iirc.

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
having spoken to bill he reckons 5psi spring will work just fine , will never question the guy he noes his stuff , i guess the standard actuator will be fine but i guess , the snob value of having a forge actuator will slight value if i want sell the car later on. i'm all excited again now but i'm now really looking into water/meth see where i can get it the cheapest

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
re the stiffer sprung actuator.... they can cause you issue's where the boost control is lost by the turbo when its baseline is elevated beyond what its expecting to control from and control to.. = limp mode and worse case, significant boost spikes (hello Mr Rod!)

Just slapping on a stiffer sprung actuator is imho ill advised.
std actuator can work fine.. Stiff actuators can work fine but to clip the spike be prepared to use external boost control..

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Im not sure if danny was using a mbc aswell, all I can remember is him saying is it helped a fair bit to hold boost, this is obviously because the wg is pretty much clamped and you dont have the worrys of the ported wastegate like the hybrids. But as you say spikey spikey, easily controlled by running a boost controller parrollel. You will get the best of both worlds then.. controlled spike & top end boost.

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
PICS :)

P1020432.jpg

3" DOWNPIPE reduced at the end into 2.5" so should mate grea with my existing system :)

P1020433.jpg

forge actuator

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
saw the car on ebay, before i recognised it i nearly had a stroke at the stuff i want off it!

SO gutted i've just paid for plastering :(

is the damage too bad to repair matey?

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
Seen this breaking on ebay, real shame mate but i want your rear coilovers badly:D

selling the whole thing together sadly

Breaking :O how comes??

ecu fault :( , confirmed when i took the ecu out , :cry: lost the passion i think time to get cupra r i think the money got 1k for the k04 kit and also just 20 mins ago sold the seats to a fellow cupra.net member for 430 , engine is in excellent condition but have no idea whats it's worth opininons would be great help guys

saw the car on ebay, before i recognised it i nearly had a stroke at the stuff i want off it

SO gutted i've just paid for plastering :(

is the damage too bad to repair matey?

if you need something and i have it let me no discount rates for cupra.net members , and was two things made me get rid of it the ecu fault weren't really that big of a deal but the vandals round my area really must h8 i don't even no why cause they keep damaging it and then i keep fixing it and they do it all again :(

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
such a shame matey... as i've lurked in this topic for ages as yours has come a long way.

if you go cupra R that will no doubt end up being a mental car as you loved this one... forge it ;)

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
yeah it will be , to be honest i have 2 others cars i've been neglecting , my mk4 r32 and and my yaris 1.4d , but them too don't need any work , i just love a project don't no why , with they mk4 golf don't really want to touch it really cause it's perfect the way it is i think but i will get another leon for that i'm sure

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
i had the wobbles with my leon recently... needs a respray then i might go stage 2.. but i know what you mea, theres something about the leon!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.