Boost Problem HELP!!!

fez0130

Oct 5, 2010
Deal, Kent
I hope someone can help the other day my car just started to loose power. Usually i can boost upto 15 psi. When i first start my car and drive its fine but then after a while it looses power and wont go above 5 psi. any suggestions?

thanks

stuibaby

MK3 Cupra Driver - Proud!
Aug 14, 2009
Bristol/Bath
Check the actuator rod,

Should have 12 threads visible from end of rod.

Mine was set at 15-17 and kept hitting limp mode.

stuibaby

MK3 Cupra Driver - Proud!
Aug 14, 2009
Bristol/Bath
This is more simple than forking out for a MAF my friend,

The picture above is visible by peering over your engine at the back and then ensuring that 12-13 threads are visible, then adjust as required?

Go get a picture of it and we will advise.

fez0130

Oct 5, 2010
Deal, Kent
Ok mate i'll have a look, not got a pic yet as im at work so if i can do it tomorrow ill post you a pic then? that ok?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I hope someone can help the other day my car just started to loose power. Usually i can boost upto 15 psi. When i first start my car and drive its fine but then after a while it looses power and wont go above 5 psi. any suggestions?

thanks

limp mode not actuator rod...
get vag-com code scanend and report back what faultcode its got.. it should have one if its dropping into limp mode (5psi)

damo-p

Jun 21, 2011
w-s-m
Could it be the airflow meter as i got told?

These boys know what there talkin about and from what I hear on here especially bill from badger 5 but there not miracle workers lol see if you can get it on a code scanner and see whaat codes it brings up and I am sure you will get all the help they can offer