Panel Filter

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Hi Guys,

Been quoted £20 for a SEAT paper panel filter as part of my 60k service.

Not after an open cone, or massive turbo noise, been there done that before....but... if I can get a decent panel filter for sub £40...it makes sense as it won't need replacing every 12 months...

Been on ebay, and green panels are circa £50, Pipercross circa £38.....any advances or suggestions?

Mike

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Hi Mike, a test that a mate of mine did proved that the filter itself wasn't the resttiction is was the bottom of the air box. He said that a OEM replacement will suffice. Cut the bottom of the box off to achieve better perfromance or get an open cone :)

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Hmmm, I am tempted by a pre-owned item.... A smoothed airbox, green panel filter, with air feed, £40..

Sounds good, right?

Havign seen the demo's of standard vs aftermarket, the aftermarkets do tend to flow better. As I said, I've run various setups on my previous Cupras, I'm just after a "cheaper" solution in the long run than £20 at each service lol.

stuibaby

MK3 Cupra Driver - Proud!
Aug 14, 2009
Bristol/Bath
If this is the ad found on PH from the gentleman in Devon,

I bought some wheels from him last week, Very honest guy.

I was eyeing up the Airbox but ill stick with my Pipercross and B & Q Ducting :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
in back to back tests from new ibiza panel to green filter we saw minimal gains... in airflow, ~3-5g/s

Remove the very small snorkle to the airbox and get 3" duct in there if you can to feed it.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire

I was eyeing up the Airbox but ill stick with my Pipercross and B & Q Ducting :)

Indeed it is, just ordered the airbox setup, plus some NGK spark plugs :)

Got 60 K service Saturday, so will skip the airfilter and fit this when it turns up.

in back to back tests from new ibiza panel to green filter we saw minimal gains... in airflow, ~3-5g/s

Remove the very small snorkle to the airbox and get 3" duct in there if you can to feed it.

Cheers for the PM earlier Bill, as you can see above I've gone pre-owned on this, saves me smoothing my airbox... means I have a drilled airbox available DOH! LOL

This is coming with a decent bit of duct too, so all good.

Not gonna get the sound, but the last two were pretty darn loud, it'll be nice to have a quieter one. hehe

Mike

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site

That'll be me then :) - How you doing Stu, and thank you for the plug :redface:

I think I've sold to 4 or 5 fellow SCN'ers now from my PH ad.

stuibaby

MK3 Cupra Driver - Proud!
Aug 14, 2009
Bristol/Bath
That'll be me then :) - How you doing Stu, and thank you for the plug :redface:

I think I've sold to 4 or 5 fellow SCN'ers now from my PH ad.

*Apologies for hijack*
Hey Rob, Not bad at all ta - wheels are re-rubbered, balanced and fitted. Much nicer than the 17" OZs (Which are now sold!)

Hope all your other goodies get re-homed soon :)

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
*Apologies for hijack*
Hey Rob, Not bad at all ta - wheels are re-rubbered, balanced and fitted. Much nicer than the 17" OZs (Which are now sold!)

Hope all your other goodies get re-homed soon :)

Ah good stuff Stu - yep I'm getting there so should all be gone soon I hope!! (Mike sorry for the hijack 2) :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise