Roly's MK3 Cupra Daily Driver

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Once again i've got myself another project for the Midnight Motors workshop :rolleyes:

After selling the polo i'd decided to buy a doner car and convert my mk2 back to a road car, after picking up a mk3 for a very good price i had a change of heart, mainly because it's to nice to break but also as the mk2 is costing a bomb to run as a daily.

The plan is to keep this one as oe and semi sensible as possible but also improve on a few things so i don't get bored after a month or so of driving it.

With Martin breaking his mk2 track car it's meant alot of the bit's i want have come up just at the right time.

So far the car has a jabba stage 1 map, forge dv and a phenolic insulator gasket, future parts to go on are forge tip, fk coilovers, blue flame turbo back exhaust, 15mm rear spacers and a stuby drivers mirror.

It's unfortunatly got a nice bit of arch rot on the n/s/r but this is going into the body shop tuesday to be cut out and have a new piece welded in, apart from that it just needs a good service, cam belt, water pump and a bloody good clean.

I'll update the thread as i progress but for now here's a couple of pics

SDC16281.jpg

SDC16285.jpg

SDC16286.jpg

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
It's not low enough to be cool! Haha.

Looks good mate, even better now the arch has been done. It does need some nice Super T's though ;)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
It's not low enough to be cool! Haha.

Looks good mate, even better now the arch has been done. It does need some nice Super T's though ;)

It'll never be low enough to be cool mate, got to be practical but still fun at the same time, would look sweet on the super t's but i don't want to spend anymore on it now just run it and enjoy it.

Looks good for 10yrs old!

It's not in bad condition for the age, it's got a few mismatched panels from previous paintwork but it's red and 10 years old so was kind of expecting it.

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Is the blueflame fitted on this now? If so I think I passed you coming out of thanet this morning.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.