Leon PD140 - Turbo Replacement

Fishy

May 16, 2005
The one problem I've had since fitting this turbo is that the pipe from the turbo to inlet pipework has popped off a couple of times. Not hard to clip back on just a ball ache. Does anyone know of an uprated version or a different type of connection?

Thanks
Fish

Fishy

May 16, 2005
OK sorry think I've described the wrong part of the inlet system. The inlet from the airbox is fine, as there isnt any pressure forming there.

The pipe I'm 'trying' to describe is the outlet of the cold side of the turbo going to the intercooler. What should be a nice open pipe has what appears to be a flat reducer. Reducing the inlet from the site of the pipe by approx. 15mm. :eek:

It's the pipe with the two buldges that the c-clip uses to hold it in place.

Fish

MWG

Oct 6, 2008
Hertfordshire
The hoses i linked to go on the pressurised side of the intake system. One on either side of the intercooler and one goes between the intake manifold and the pipe that comes up from the intercooler

Fishy

May 16, 2005
MWG, sorry didnt check the link. The pipe on the left (90 degree bend) is the pipe thats popping off. This one looks way more open than the OE pipe which is restricted by what apears 40-50%. :eek:

I'll be calling some people on Monday for stock and pricing.

Fish

Fishy

May 16, 2005
:(:(:(

My now 2 month old CR Turbo went pop this morning. Driving in traffic up a hill on the way to work (thankfully 5 mins from home) lots of smoke from the exhaust. It started to rattle last night on my way home from work and was thinking it was the clutch, but I wasnt seeing any sudden rev changes.

So back to climbing under the car to get this unit removed and sent back for checking! But to say I'm not happy is a pretty big understatement.

Fish

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
That sucks pretty bad buddy.
Please excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by "CR" turbo?
Anyway, being just 2 months old I suppose it's still under warranty...

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Sorry yes, its a "CR Turbo's" unit that will be removed and sent back for checking, under warranty.

Thanks
Fish

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Sorry yes, its a "CR Turbo's" unit that will be removed and sent back for checking, under warranty.

Thanks
Fish

Was this a new turbo or an old turbo that had been made into a hybrid? I think i am right in saying Turbo Dynamics don`t make hybrid turbo`s from old VNT17 units any more as they had so many problems with them.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Mikey, I'm not 100% I just asked them for a hybrid then sent my old unit to them once I'd received this one. So not sure if it was a new unit or not.

Thankfully I managed to get one of the £99 deals that T.D. did a while back, so I got them to hybrid that one, so just need to swap them over. Started to remove it tonight, but with this dumb ass'd Miltek exhaust on it, I cant get there. :(

Fish

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
Another point against hybrids then.

Isn't there a bolt on turbo for the 140 with a stock-like spool up but a bit better airflow? I mean, something like the 170 one but that can be bolted straight in on the 140...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise