New Exeo and Exeo ST - More style, even more efficiency

mcdonald

• New face further enhances the distinctive design
• New bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights
• TDI engines with improved efficiency across the board
• First-class quality and precision in finish and equipment
• Further improvements to emissions & fuel consumption in 2012….
• …Exeo Ecomotive is targeted to emit less than 120g of CO2 thanks to addition of Start/Stop

From the autumn, Exeo’s distinctive design will be further enhanced and the powerful TDI engines become even more efficient. The new upgrade adds even more appeal to the sporty, comfortable Exeo and the spaciously dynamic Exeo ST. All diesel versions benefit from a decrease in CO2 emissions of around 7 grams per km – resulting in a CO2 figure of 129 grams per kilometre (Exeo ST, 132 g/km), making the Exeo one of the most efficient, low-emission vehicles in its class. Fuel consumption will also drop below the current combined figure of 5,2 l per 100 km (5,3 l on the ST).

And the introduction of these improvements to Exeo’s efficiency are just the first step, with additional improvements to Exeo’s efficiency scheduled to arrive in 2012 thanks to the fitment of SEAT’s Start/Stop engine technology.

The addition of this technology - which stops the engine when the car is stationary, such as when waiting at a red traffic light – will significantly reduce consumption and emissions, with a target figure of sub-120g for CO2. Exeo’s dynamic driving performance will not be compromised despite the reduction in consumption and emissions.

This low level of emissions will make Exeo one of the most efficient cars in its class and will further enhance its competitive appeal, particularly for fleets where emissions are a key purchasing factor.

The many strengths of the SEAT Exeo include its clear design language. With the redesigned front end, both the saloon and the estate are now even more expressive. The new, optional bi-xenon headlamps adopt the “arrow” theme that is so characteristic of SEAT design. The integrated daytime running lights in energy saving LED technology are sculpted into sharply defined, angular “wings”, giving the Exeo a precise and dynamic look.

New headlamps show attention to detail

The sophisticated design of this light unit is clear evidence of the detail with which the Exeo was designed and developed. Together with the new, honeycomb grille insert, the LED rear lights and the all-new 17 and 18-inch alloy wheel designs, the Exeo now has an even more athletic and dynamic appearance – by night and by day. The interior is further enhanced with new upholstery. The redesigned leather steering wheel now sports an even more premium look-and-feel – further evidence of the passion that SEAT dedicates to every single detail.

Reduced fuel consumption and emissions across all TDI models

From a technical perspective, the focus was on further efficiency improvements. Systematic refinements to the power units enabled the CO2 emissions of all TDI versions to be reduced by around 7 grams per kilometre. The 88 and 105 kW (120 and 143 hp) saloon models with manual transmission now both come in below the 130 grams per kilometre mark.

Exeo combines driving fun and quality with low costs

This latest generation makes the Exeo an even more attractive proposition for business class people who set just as much store by driving fun and a premium feel as they do by efficiency, utility and low costs. The Exeo unites distinctive and elegant design with state-of-the-art technology, outstanding quality and excellent value-for-money.

Exceptional precision and premium feel

Alongside sporty dynamics, the SEAT Exeo is distinguished primarily by its precision and premium feel. The exceptionally stiff bodyshell structure is the fundamental factor in the high-quality feel, the exceptional bodyroll characteristics and precise road manners. The excellent fit and finish both inside and out bear testament to the attention to detail and the high precision with which the Exeo is built in Martorell near Barcelona. Add to that the premium materials and surface finishes, plus the very latest comfort and information systems

Exeo ST with significantly enhanced utility

At a length of 4.66 metres, the Exeo is the prestigious athlete of the mid-size class. It offers space for five passengers and a generously proportioned luggage compartment. The Exeo ST estate version delivers significantly enhanced utility. With its luggage volume ranging from 442 to 1,354 litres, its wide rear opening and its high level of variability, the Exeo ST is the perfect partner for all the challenges posed by an active, sporty lifestyle or a successful business day.

State-of-the-art technology for dynamics and safety

The application of state-of-the-art technologies underpins the hallmark sporty SEAT driving experience. The engine line-up ranges from 88 to 155 kW (120 to 210 hp). The latest TDI power units with common-rail direct injection ensure excellent pulling power, smooth running characteristics and outstanding efficiency. For particularly comfort-oriented drivers, the multitronic transmission with steering-wheel shift paddles presents an alternative to the manual gearbox. This efficient automatic is available as an option for the 2.0 TSI with 147 kW (200 hp) and for the 2.0 TDI with 105 kW (143 hp).

The SEAT Exeo is also a very safe vehicle in its class. Alongside the crash-optimized bodyshell structure, its standard equipment list also boasts seven airbags – including driver knee airbag – ESP system with ABS and electronic brake force distribution and automatic tyre pressure monitoring system. The list of hi-tech options is extensive and includes a DVD navigation system, bi-xenon headlamps with dynamic cornering light and a Bose sound system.

SEAT is the only company in its sector with the full-range capacity to design, develop, manufacture and market cars in Spain. A member of the Volkswagen Group, the multinational has its headquarters in Martorell (Barcelona), exporting approximately 75% of its production to 72 countries. SEAT is the market leader in Spain, and in 2010 reached a turnover amounting to 4.7 billion euros, with total sales of 339,500 vehicles.

SEAT Group employs 13,000 professionals at its three production centres in Barcelona - Zona Franca, El Prat de Llobregat and Martorell, where it manufactures the highly successful Ibiza and Leon, amongst other models. The Volkswagen Group production facility at Palmela in Portugal supplies the SEAT Alhambra.

The Spanish multinational also has a Technical Centre, a ‘knowledge hub’ bringing together more than 900 engineers whose goal is to be the driving force behind innovation for the number one industrial investor in R&D+i in Spain. In line with its declared commitment to environmental protection, SEAT undertakes and bases its core activity on sustainability, namely reduction of CO2 emissions, energy efficiency, as well as recycling and re-using of resources.

m1eytfubhl13_800.jpg

m1eytfvb95xz_800.jpg

m1eytfubu0wz_800.jpg

m1eytfubk312_800.jpg

m1eytfvb3211_800.jpg

m1eytfvb4n10_800.jpg

m1eytfvb6nyz_800.jpg

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Tweaks have made it look more modern. I know the Exeo has better than SEAT expected and now outsells the Altea. Like the new honeycomb grill as well makes it much more sporty from the front. Not so keen on the new alloy wheels would a complete pain to clean I bet as well!!

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
Interesting, mine is due to be built September / October for January delivery, I wonder if mine will have the new bits?

MisterW

Apr 7, 2011
Not so keen on the new alloy wheels would a complete pain to clean I bet as well!!
Funny, that's just what I thought!. The ones on my SE are bad enough as it is...
Wouldn't mind the reduced CO2 figures though ( company car! ).

StuartAB

They can't mean bi-xenons across the range, surely? Too much to hope!

SEAT Specification Changes for Week 45
There are a number of product changes to the SEAT range effective from factory build week 45 (w.c. 7th November 2011).

These are detailed below, split out by model family. Vehicle prices are also changing on 5th October.

Exeo & Exeo ST
Engines & Versions
• Gear ratios have been revised on all diesel engines, leading to improved CO2 emissions and fuel consumption
(provisional data, due to be confirmed early October):

Engine New Model Codes
TDI CR 120PS 3R**L1 129g/km 57.6 mpg 132g/km 56.5 mpg
TDI CR 143PS 3R**S1 129g/km 57.6 mpg 132g/km 56.5 mpg
TDI CR 143PS Multitronic 3R**SH 146g/km 51.4 mpg 146g/km 51.4 mpg
TDI CR 170PS 3R**M1 142g/km 52.3 mpg 142g/km 52.3 mpg

Standard Equipment
• New alloy wheel designs across the range:
o 16” ‘Morfeo’ (215/55 R16 97W tyres) replaces ‘Dante’ (205/55 R16 91V) (S)
o 17” ‘Elegance’ replaces ‘Modena’ (SE)
o 18” ‘Quartz’ replaces ‘Fenix’ (Sport)

• All models now receive two folding remote keys. Previously only one was supplied, with a manual spare key.
• New front grille (featuring elongated honeycomb replacing the vertical slats) – see below.
• Re-styled front bi-xenon headlights now featuring LED daytime running lights (standard on Sport models only).
Colour & Trim
• New colour Monsoon Grey (0C0C) replaces Track Grey (2V2V).
• New upholstery designs across the range:
o S gets ‘Delia’ cloth (code EB)
o SE gets ‘Box’ cloth (FF)
o Sport gets ‘Sorey’ cloth (GA)

Options
• Re-styled front bi-xenon headlights (as shown above) now featuring LED daytime running lights (SE) – order code PXE.
S SE Sport
Prices for the SEAT range (including factory-fit options) are changing on 5th October 2011.

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
ok with more mpg and the gear box change wont the car be slower 0-60 and 6th gear on a slope and what about towing, not seen any info on that. ?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
ok with more mpg and the gear box change wont the car be slower 0-60 and 6th gear on a slope and what about towing, not seen any info on that. ?

I would have thought that gearing changes for mpg would be the higher gears like 4th 5th and 6th (probably just 6th thinking about it). 0 to 60 is 1st 2nd and maybe 3rd depending on engine choice. Towing.............ppppffftttt people who tow white plastic sheds about can't possibly be worried about MPG or 0-60 can they?

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
I would have thought that gearing changes for mpg would be the higher gears like 4th 5th and 6th (probably just 6th thinking about it). 0 to 60 is 1st 2nd and maybe 3rd depending on engine choice. Towing.............ppppffftttt people who tow white plastic sheds about can't possibly be worried about MPG or 0-60 can they?

if the car suppose to be aimed at the mondeo and such market you find they get used alot for towing sheds more so over the 4x4 and awd and with a 1600kg tow limit. :) makes them ideal for such:)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
if the car suppose to be aimed at the mondeo and such market you find they get used alot for towing sheds more so over the 4x4 and awd and with a 1600kg tow limit. :) makes them ideal for such:)

I appreciate that, I was pulling your leg. With 1600k on the back your MPG and 0-60 are going to be way off the book figures. :rolleyes:

Balddee2

Oct 10, 2009
Thickest question of the year so far..... all new specs available from factory build week 45... so if I place an order tomorrow (1st Nov) can I assume the build week won't be until something like Jan next year and therefore will be the new spec or does build week relate to date of order? and hence I'm better off waiting until next week? cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.