Would 19x9.5 rear wheels fit?

danthemanwhocan

Jul 19, 2005
Somerset
I've found these and I'd really like them for my Candy White FR Tdi CR...

vengeance_gloss_black.jpg

There would have to imported from the USA but I have had a good quote which works out at around £750 including shipping. Petrol are a sub brand of TSW.

However they are only sold in staggered sets, including the sizes i'd be looking at which are 19x8 front et 40 and 19x9.5 et 35 rear. I've asked if they can be supplied just as 4 19x8's but no, only as the two different widths.

Anyway, having read a fair bit about it all, if I choose 235x35x19 tyres for the rear they will fit on the wheel without much stretch as seen here:

http://http://www.tyrestretch.com/9.5_235_35_R19/9.5_235_35_R19_Falken_452.jpg.php

At some point soon I will be installing a H&R comfort cup kit which is approx 40mm drop (although prob 10mm less as the FR is already slightly lower).

Will this all be possible? I like the wheels flush with the arches - my old Leon had a silmilar look:

img6140r.jpg

It won't have the wheels slammed under the arches, it'll be around the same drop as my old car.

Any advice/thoughts would be really appreciated as these wheels are lovely but if they're not going to fit... :(

Cheers,
Dan.

I would have thought the outer edge of a 9.5" rim ET35 will sit outside the rear arch so you'll have to modify the arch in some way to get them to sit flush.

235 section tyres on a 9.5" rim will look very stretched imo. 245 or 255 would look a lot better which may work anyway if you're going to modify the arches....depends if you want to fit the same size tyres front and rear. I have 255/35x18" tyres on a 9" rim on my Evo and they look about right.

Also does the delivered price from the US include import duty? If not (and assuming you have to pay it) I think it adds 30% to the price (20% VAT and 10% import tax).

Good luck if you go ahead with fitting them :thumbup:

danthemanwhocan

Jul 19, 2005
Somerset
That calculator is interesting. My current wheels are 18 inch orions - not sure what the offset or width is (should be stamped on inside of spoke somewhere right?) so can't compare the change in position to the ones I want to get accurately. Hypothetically putting 45 as the orion offset and 8 inch width makes for an extra 29mm width towards the arch one the new wheels which doesn't seem all that bad...

As for tyres that link shows 235's on a 9.5 rim and stretch looks pretty minimal...(he says!)

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Standard f/l FR wheels are 17x7 ET54 and the 18's are 18x7.5 ET51 (as far as I know). Should be stamped on one of the inner spokes.

danthemanwhocan

Jul 19, 2005
Somerset
ah balls. That makes for a extra 41mm width. I'm going get a ruler and do some physical measuring as I'm not giving up this easily!

Thanks for the info and help so far chaps.

Oh and the import duty is on top yes, so it's a bit more but on various US sites the wheels are $1300 before shipping so I can stomach the VAT on the price I've been quoted.

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Is it 19's you're definitely after? SSW do a similar design called the Mesh 1 Black but it's 18x8 ET45. Will fit without problems though.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.