LawrieIbizaMk4's Ibiza Cupra TDi *Coilovers!*

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
i see on another post you've got a boost gauge. Where have you placed it? Get some pics on.

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
i see on another post you've got a boost gauge. Where have you placed it? Get some pics on.

I'll get pics 2moro for you taz, just a bog standard halfords number, until i get a pillar pod. at the moment its just stuck to the dash.

ran it from the rubber elbow on the intercooler piping, just poked a hole in and jammed the restrictor piece in so it was air tight, to be replaced with a bleed nipple when i can be bothered :) i wouldnt really recommend the halfords one, isnt too accurate but definitely helped me identify a boost leak!

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
the update :)

Oil change yesterday thanks to OneLitreWonder on here!!

IMG_0186.jpg

the boost guage's temporary installment, twin pillar pod and oil temp guage getting ordered next week

IMG_0164.jpg

and a nice wee shot of my good mates polo gti slammed on JOM's, he insisted a photo went up in here!

IMG_0174.jpg

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
had a 9 hour detail today with some new products and needless to say im quite impressed with myself :) only down side is my cameras goosed so ive only got iphone pics.

method as follows,

autoglym pressure washer detergent followed by a good blasting with the pressure washer, 2 bucket method with some dodo juice supernatural, rinse down, megs clay bar with megs ultimate detailer, rinse down, dry and mask off, with a borrowed Kestrel Das-6 used megs 105, lime primed the car, used a the DA with a foam pad and used some poorboys black hole then some purple haze :D glass cleaned with megs ultimate glass, plastics done with WD40 and tyres treated with megs gold class endurance gel

all in all very impressed, the megs #105 has greatly reduced my swirl marks and a few deeper scratches and the black hole has filled alot of blemishes in the paint and given it a much smoother finish.

heres the pics :)

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Looking good, i do love a clean car. I want to do mine this weekend now after seeing yours ha.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
glad ive inspired you Ross :) i think I'm well and truely hooked on doing it properly now, it looks like a different car!

think i might make the most of my holiday and do her micra tomorrow lol, its in a sorry state!

i know the feeling getting hooked on the old detailing game ha ha. I go through phases though, ocd about the car being clean for a while then not too bothered for a while. I've not washed mine for a good few weeks so could be doing with one. Sometimes i find waxing etc a bit depressing when you see all the wee marks on the paint ha ha. Although my new car has hardly anything at all, really been looked after by the previous owner :)

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
Car sounds really good now mate! Where did you get that done?

Detail is good too... Fancy doing mine? :p

Got the exhaust done at semtech motors in Kirkintilloch, could have got it done cheaper elsewhere but they're 2 mins up the road and she didnt have time to run me across glasgow!

it's not really as loud as i'd hoped but I'm getting a custom de-cat and a new back box on the 17th so that should put me another step in the right direction :)

and as for the detail, do ur own :whistle:

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
i know the feeling getting hooked on the old detailing game ha ha. I go through phases though, ocd about the car being clean for a while then not too bothered for a while. I've not washed mine for a good few weeks so could be doing with one. Sometimes i find waxing etc a bit depressing when you see all the wee marks on the paint ha ha. Although my new car has hardly anything at all, really been looked after by the previous owner :)

yeah waxing is the worst bit, at one point i was lying on the drive way fag in mouth i pod on rubbing away, the neighbours mustve thought i was mental!!

and i wish i could say the previous owner looked after the paint :cry:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
yeah waxing is the worst bit, at one point i was lying on the drive way fag in mouth i pod on rubbing away, the neighbours mustve thought i was mental!!

and i wish i could say the previous owner looked after the paint :cry:

I'm sure all your detailing will get it looking spot on lol. I don't get why people buy a car like an ibiza cupra then not look after it, seems a waste, could understand more if it was one of the bog basic models....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members