Bluetooth/USB music question from new owner

ducasi

Hi,

We've just got a '09 Ibiza Sport, which has bluetooth. As such, much of the steering wheel stalk controls are concerning answering and controlling a phone.

However, I'm not that interested in that. What I'd like to know is an easy way to switch between different music folders on the USB stick I've got plugged in.

The manual suggests this is easy on the non-bluetooth stalk, but surely it must be possible without a 5-step sequence via the head unit?

Sorry if this has been covered before. I tried a search, but didn't find anything relevant.

Cheers!

product

Nov 6, 2007
To start with I agreed with you and thought there would be another way, but I'm afraid it looks like there isn't!

With Bluetooth you've lost the folder up/down function from the stalk; I looked at the vehicle and stereo manuals and they say the same. The only thing worth trying (if you haven't already) is a long press on the Mode or Phone buttons, might jump folders if you're not in a call but this is a long shot.

Must admit I've never found changing folders/albums via the head unit too bad - normally want to scroll past more than one so it feels faster that way. Browse > Up > Spin Dial > Enter > Enter.

Sorry that's no help if it's winding you up!

ducasi

Thanks guys.

That's pretty much what I thought, but I was hoping there was some trick to it. It's a shame, but it's not the end of the world.

Need to investigate what this bluetooth thing can do with an iPhone...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members