Coilpacks under Warranty

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
As most of you know my car is Stage 2+, One of my coilpacks have went so i put it into seat to see if they would fix it under warranty. Thought i would just chance it lol

They just called and said because i have took off the engine cover to fit an aftermarket induction kit it caused the four spark plugs and coil packs to fail. They said the cover was to stop the water getting into my spark plugs and because the cover is not there water has got in!

Vagcom told me it was just in cylinder 2 the misfire, Do you think they are just saying this so they dont have to pay and so i decide to get four coils and sparks off them? lol

The car is getting upgraded coilpacks and sparkplugs anyway so i am not fussed to be honest but i have to pay 30 quid plus vat before i get my car back lol

Anyone else tried or have suceeded in getting coil packs under warranty?

Cheers Ross.

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Coilpacks are an issue and all Vag brands except Seat (why doesn't this surprise me) are exchanging most serial numbers under guarantee for the latest 715F version.
As usual Seat is playing it cheap (in Holland that is) and will exchange only a limited number of Coilpacks but only if you have the right chassis code (I had two bad coilpacks with the number corresponding to the exchange under warranty but my chassis code was wrong....
Anyway it ordered four new ones and al the problems where gone.

By the way, the airfilter story is rubbisch, I've changes sparkplugs for numurous tfsi owners and the water (and sometimes oil) will gather at coilpack 1 and 4 and a rusty coilpack can be cleaned but will often fail within a short timeperiod.

Last edited:

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
Yeah I know guys with golfs who have had them replaced quickly and free of charge!

I just ordered one standard coilpack to get it running right just now and it cost me £20!!

The warranty check cost me 36 lol :-|

Will be changing the plugs, Oil and upgrading to plasma coilpacks soon. I was quoted just over £500 for 4 and that is with a discount!

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
These are the coilpack number that are prone to failing:

07K 905 115 D
07K 905 115 E
06D 905 115 K
06F 905 115 F
06E 905 115 D
06E 905 115 E

never heard of plasma coilpacks? do you mean the okada ones:

Last edited:

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
Do you still have the bonnet felt fitted? I have heard that once this is removed the water leaks through the plastic trim clips onto the engine. Or is it sagging at all?

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
Mines is actually ok. So it isn't that. Even if the cover is missing surely the coil packs are sealed!

Think it was just a good excuse for them not to fix it!

NigelCupra

May 31, 2011
Warsash, South Coast
Do you still have the bonnet felt fitted? I have heard that once this is removed the water leaks through the plastic trim clips onto the engine. Or is it sagging at all?

Mine is completly standard under the bonnet and I still have water in number 1. I will check my numbers on mine and will order a new one from Seat.

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Ordering a new one would be a good idea but I was told by a Vag technician that it's better to use the same numbers/production series instead of mixing (which by the way will work).

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
water does get into the coil pack area, 1 and 2 were quite rusty and crappy on mine. had to try get as much water out the bottom as possible before removing the spark plugs.

Mar 25, 2008
Verve?

Turned to sh** the past 12 months. Used to be cracking guys but now it's full of monkeys.

Went to see the Kiwi Leon they had in the showroom and the boy wanted 2.5k more than he did last time I went to see it. LOL.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members