life after Leon: What will your next car be ?

Tall Paul

Ive always loved my jap cars so my next wagon will hopefully be a yellow s15 silvia. Not so much performance mods but full coilovers, sway bars and strut braces. Maybe an air filter for a wee bit of noise. That would be me happy!

Or if one pops up at the right price a phoenix yellow dc2 integra !

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
I'll not be in a position to really think about changing until April 2013 but at the minute, when I get the urge to have a browse through the market what stands out for me as being potential replacements come the time are...

New-ish Facelift Cupra R
New-ish Audi S3
New-ish Audi 3.0tdi A5

What impresses me about the 3.0 tdi is stage 2+ tune develops 360bhp and 550lb/ft IIRC... quite simply very impressive figures :)

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
golf r32 turbo

just sold my baby :( r33 gtr v-spec , i may add im only 26 :p
005-14.jpg

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Loving my FR at the moment, so no immediate plan to change. But have my name on the waiting list for the Toyota FT86, am going to make a decision when i see final UK spec.

Rob

ft86_gal_002_prev_tcm280-954322.jpg

Poverty

All those saying Golf R32! Whats the matter with you guys, they are slow, boring to drive, like a drink and cost more to service. The ONLY good thing about the R32 is the noise with a full non res milly. But at that point your neighbors are gonna hate you!

Life after the Leon for me is the TTRS. Love it to bits but I still miss the k1 with stage 2 plus mods. Completely different animals and the TT will destroy it in any performance department, but for the money and practicality of the K1 it will always hold a special place in my heart. The cupra/k1 really does get under estimated, its a GREAT car.

I will probably get another candy k1 at some point in my life, probably when I get someone pregnant lol and need the space.

Poverty

Loving my FR at the moment, so no immediate plan to change. But have my name on the waiting list for the Toyota FT86, am going to make a decision when i see final UK spec.

Rob

ft86_gal_002_prev_tcm280-954322.jpg

Finally a nice toyota after the supra got canned!

OldNick

Apr 13, 2005
I still think second hand Focus RS is a bargain at the moment. Can pick a year old up with low miles and good extras like lux pack 2 etc for £23k ish. Thats lost about £7k in first year, but I'm sure it wont lose another £7k in the next year.

RSgeoff

Facelift Citrus Cupra
Aug 22, 2011
Tyneside
After having about 20 performance cars in the last 10 years and now having the Cupra, i'd have to say it would be a difficult car to better for the price and running costs.

There's very little else out there for a similar price which has this build quality / newness / performance / handling & braking.

Agree they don't look "outrageous" but that's the appeal to me after having 13 Evos.

It's the inside where you spend 90% of your time.

Peppermuncher

Apr 6, 2009
Sorry to say but I'd have a Scirocco.

I think its a natural progression i think, really good looking, room for 4, a decent boot a move up a brand and quality.

No more rattles.

Or the new Toyota FT-86? Is it?

MadMarkDH

My wife had a brand new 2L TDI Scirocco. Nice looking car. Great equipment levels. But nothing but trouble. Spent an awful lot of time having niggling faults put right. She got rid of it in just a year for a brand new 2L TDI TT. A much better screwed together car.
My next car will be back to a 2.0L Celica GT. I like my 08 Leon TDI FR, but Japanese cars are much much more reliable.