2007 cupra insurance

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Just been messing about on insurance website and have stumbled on something disturbing.....
Me and t'other half are both middle aged (ahem), she has full NCB (16 years) me none due to 20+ years of company cars. both have clean licences. car is kept on a drive. use is SDP and GF's commute to work where it's kept in a guarded car park. we currently pay around £870 fully comp, this is at a Brum postcode in a semi crap area. just by moving out to GF's folks place (Burntwood Staffs) drops by £300, moving to Devoran (just outside Truro Cornwall) drops by £500, changing from "kept on a driveway" to "kept in a locked garage" makes NO difference (?) however.. the most disturbing thing is... if we stayed here in Brum but got M M M M married..:scary: it dropped by £185!!:wtf: she's off now I can almost hear the bells..... kin ell! :help:

Mar 25, 2008
Strangly, putting mines down as kept on the road dropped it by £40 and putting it in the garage raised it by £40.

Insurance...the real lottery lol.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
That's because if someone gets into your garage, they can spend longer trying to break into your car whilst staying out of sight. However on the street, it's less likely (in the eyes of the insurer) to be stolen.

Frankly I think it's a load of BS, as most thefts are after keys are stolen from the house, but hey ho...

Its people who cant drive who are bumping insurance prices up. And them idiots who cause a accident on purpose so they can get whiplash claims. Not people who put their insurance at a diffrent address that wouldnt bump it up because they wont pay out if they got caught ! Less of the abuse .

Let's say some third party is involved in an accident and its your fault. Where do they go for recompense when your insurance company discovers you're lying and refuses to pay out. They go to the MIB Uninsured Driver's Fund and where does that money come from....yep you're right.....everyone else's premium :banghead:

vincent5525

Mechanic
Jul 2, 2011
uk, sheffield
Chris is right, cars are so much more advanced now, its almost impossible to steal a car without the keys now. Im 30 with 8 years no claims, wife as named driver and its about £650 fully comp for a cupra r on my drive way. It also has a cobra Tracker fitted, but this made no difference to the premium.

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
i read an article that siad its now cheeper to park you car on the street because thieves don't know which house to break into for the keys.
my insurance is due at the end of the month. my current insurer quaoted 1640 (ouch!!) but so far i've found it for 720. I have a 08 cupra. standard car at the mo.
My previouse car was a leon pd130 modded with a hybrid fmic etc etc, all listed with the insurace and it was only 550 for the year, the cupra has more than trebbled it with my current insurer. How does that work! But i also have a old n reg disco and that costs 700 quid to insure. and no one would want to steal that thing!!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Looking at just over a grand for renewal on the cupra. 2 yrs NCD as I have only been in the UK since 2008. Also live in a high risk post code.

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
i love admiral at the moment tbh renewal came through no different to what i pay now despite now adding a £3k claim on there :) will be £700fc im 23 :)

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Yes, inmsurance is a shitter!.

I live in Manchester, i'm 38. got 14yrs NCB and my NCB is protected, but i'm paying £950 per year for my Leon (only got it on 5th November)

the car I traded in for the Leon A 2002 52 plate 1.6 Zetec Focus was £1075 per year annual premium.

the reason?

before I owned the focus I owned a 1.7 Puma.
In feb 2008, it was written off by a complete ****** in a hire car, while it was parked up outside my house.
I was in my living room watching MOTD2 (sunday night)

Hears a loud screetch, a bang, alarms going off, rushes outside, my car is about 20 feet further up the road in bits and the knobheads in the car are running off. coppers called etc

anyhow, to cut a long story short, car was a hire car, on a long term lease, my insurer pays me out £4,500, but they have, to date, not got the money back off the 3rd party.

As such this 'accident' is classed as MY FAULT as my insurers have paid out on MY POLICY.
Once they get their money back, then its not classed as my fault, and my insurers inform me that my premium would be approx 40 - 50% cheaper if it wasnt for this unsettled 'claim' on my policy!
:censored:[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]:censored:

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
I'm 34 and drive FR TFSI and pay £299 fully comp. I've been driving since 18 and had no bumps or claims. Insurance is a bit of a postcode lottery but you need to shop around. Even at my address quotes vary to over a grand.

gfarm101

Aug 15, 2011
Cornwall
£248 with e-sure inc legal cover.

I'll have to abandon the REVO idea for a while though!!!!!!!!! That was £460!!!! Ouch

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise