milltek exhaust.....

Mar 19, 2010
After searching and the site not showing........ive decided to make a post to help my confusion.

Im considering going for a milltek exhaustt system, wheres the best place to buy and which option to get? (dont know what resonated and non-resonated means ....)

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
resonator make it quieter

non resonator makes it louder

in terms to which is best, im saving to get the downpipe and cat back system providing i can find the twin ports, i hate the oval, its to big for the car imo. The downpipe i get the impression is a great purchase as it really changes the cars characteristics once fitted with the system from what I've read

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
as to wheres best, shop around. try the usual places like JKM (portsmouth), awesome (manchester) Jabbasport (Peterborough and Down South somewhere), AMD (essex) should able to find something

Mar 19, 2010
just want a bit more improvement to go along with a stage one map. Just dont want to be restricted by exhaust and intercooler ( going for fmic I think too)

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
just want a bit more improvement to go along with a stage one map. Just dont want to be restricted by exhaust and intercooler ( going for fmic I think too)

your going down the same lines as me then :cartman:

personally i'd go with the 2nd pipe and cat-back system, FMIC with forge pipe work and then get a custom map to make the best use of them

Mar 19, 2010
your going down the same lines as me then :cartman:

personally i'd go with the 2nd pipe and cat-back system, FMIC with forge pipe work and then get a custom map to make the best use of them

so the large bore down pipe and cat back ? turns out I have a dealer in my local town.... who would of knew.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
I have the milltek turbo back system...

started off with just the cat-back...non res( on a diesel you want this as it gives more of a burble)...then I got the downpipe/decat...this just connected staright up to the cat back....makes a huge difference, alot better noise and more boost...

I have the oval tail pipe...I really like the look, however as Phil has mentioned you can also ge tthe twin exit which looks more OEM...

Great bit of kit and makes a lovely turbo whistle!

Chriswaite130

Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0
Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
I have the milltek turbo back system...

started off with just the cat-back...non res( on a diesel you want this as it gives more of a burble)...then I got the downpipe/decat...this just connected staright up to the cat back....makes a huge difference, alot better noise and more boost...

I have the oval tail pipe...I really like the look, however as Phil has mentioned you can also ge tthe twin exit which looks more OEM...

Great bit of kit and makes a lovely turbo whistle!

Im the other way round - I have a Milltek decat downpipe which is 2.5inch that I'll need to connect to the standard system until I can afford a catback - I've seen these on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayIS...store&ssPageName=STORE:HTMLBUILDER:SIMPLEITEM

which Im hoping will let me link the two systems together?

Dont suppose you know the diameter of the standard system? Is it a straight 2inch?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Im the other way round - I have a Milltek decat downpipe which is 2.5inch that I'll need to connect to the standard system until I can afford a catback - I've seen these on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayIS...store&ssPageName=STORE:HTMLBUILDER:SIMPLEITEM

which Im hoping will let me link the two systems together?

Dont suppose you know the diameter of the standard system? Is it a straight 2inch?

I don't know mate, When i put my milltek cat-back on there was no worries connected it up to the exsiting downpipe...so surely you should be ok>

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
from what I can gather, the downpipe can be a ******* if you've not got the right tools, and when i spoke to awesome they highly recomended fitting the whole kit in a oner to retain the warranty, If you fit a milltek downpipe to a standard cat-back (and vice-versa) the milltek component will no longer be covered

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members