who here has a WOT BOX?

butch20vt

just would like to find out who has a wot box and are they any good as i cant find many reviews on it.
any links would be fab or vids with is being used and some pics where people have mounted it in the car .

cheers butch :)

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
I have one, it does what it says on the tin really, works well, backfires like a shot gun going off! However be warned it WILL put extra thermal stress on verious components and will result in eventual failure of these components.

Tasha.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Get uprated rods if you want one of these, gives you peace of mind ;)

Been a few thrown rods after fitting the wot box, there are threads in the RR section from the LCR boys (who are supposed to run the stronger 20mm wrist pin rods).

butch20vt

I have one, it does what it says on the tin really, works well, backfires like a shot gun going off! However be warned it WILL put extra thermal stress on verious components and will result in eventual failure of these components.

Tasha.

cheers mate good input do you have the internal mod's done ?
but do it work well for quarter mile action/track would be nice just have one mind .

butch20vt

is there any where that sells them cheaper than £200
if you know any firm can you please put a link up.

cheers butch

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
cheers mate good input do you have the internal mod's done ?
but do it work well for quarter mile action/track would be nice just have one mind .

Unfortunately I never got to use mine on the quarter mile as I fitted it before fitting the bigger turbo, when I did decide to fit the turbo the head was removed to fit uprated rods etc and upon inspection of the head it was apparent it had seen some extreme heat resulting in all 4 plugs having cracked/melted ceramics and two cracked exhaust valves. This damage was attributed to being a result of running the WOT box, however the gains are good and as long as you uprated all the required hardware to a suitable spec then you should be fine, remember this is the closest thing you will get to ALS and that is renowned for subjecting hardware to extreme thermal cycles.

is there any where that sells them cheaper than £200
if you know any firm can you please put a link up.

cheers butch

I think you can still get them direct from N2MB for approx $200 which is about £127 I think the postage from the states is around £25, or it was when I got mine anyway.
Google N2MB and you should find all the info you need and you can order direct of the site iirc.

Tasha.

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
i have one cant really get to grips with it running the big turbo, when i pick up the other cupra next week ill try it on that see if i can get it set up on a lower powered one first

butch20vt

Still got mine but i will be removing it when i get it working again as i dont want to sell it when its not working 100%.

ahh i thought you sold it on ages ago :)
let me know what you going to do with it phil when you have sorted it all out i will hold out on buying a new one cheers :)
jonesy had one for a while on his car and dont think he had much truble but i new he did do one or to turbos tho :).

L.R.C.

May 21, 2007
I run one. I had it with stock internals and had no probs. Flat Shift is awesome!!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.