squeaky/chirp whatever you call it!

yea_good_1

LOVIN THE BOC
Sep 24, 2010
im streetbeefs mate who found the info out originally the master tech said if you can put up with it then do if its really bad they have a temp fix but aparently it will start making the noise again he said 30k later ish. he did say it was defo the supercharger pulley and he was at a meeting with seat and the issue has been raised and they are working on a fix, expect it in a couple of months. In one of streetbeefs posts on this thread he said i was picking mine up the following monday it had 7k on it but i cudnt make it chirp so i handed it over to streetbeef and he couldnt make it do it dont know whether mine has been done before as it was an ex seat uk car but not sure.

GPL

Mar 6, 2010
Ok
Thankyou.
Can you keep us posted if you here anymore info on the issue.
Hope you enjoy your new mota.
Cheers.

yea_good_1

LOVIN THE BOC
Sep 24, 2010
not a problem mate i will try and keep everyone informed as much as i can.
yes im loving the car having a couple of problems with the dealer thou [:@].

Dec 3, 2009
Update

just got a call from my dealer 10mins ago to tell me that a replacement water pump has been delivered to them, so hopefully get it fitted next week. :)

I'm surprise how fast the response was from SEAT UK HQ to the dealer seeing as I took my car in for a service last Thursday and wow what an amazing service from my dealer everything is all sorted for the day, courtesy car etc. :)

Anyway back to sleep night!

Last edited:

duffy_90

MEG R.S. 250
Sep 19, 2010
Hartlepool
My new water pump is in today and it goes in on tuesday to get it fitted :D hope it solves the problem. Sadly my gear box is still rattling despite the new software Seat installed onto it.

KevinIB

maybe i should talk to my dealer tomorrow about the noisy problem. my boca has the same ...

but that only happens when the magnetic-clutch from the supercharger closed.
i hope my dealer understand me, when i try to explain the sound / problem.

andrewfx1

Jun 5, 2010
guys i got it fixed yesterday and the problem is gone!!!they replaced thew waterpump and now i dont here this awful sound anymore!!!!

duffy_90

MEG R.S. 250
Sep 19, 2010
Hartlepool
Not really sure it might seem a little more responsive but no major changes, the gear box still rattles loads anyway so i dont think it will be long before more new software is developed

KevinIB

so, picked up my boc today from the dealer.
they also replaced the waterpump and now i don´t have this annoying sound anymore! i´m happy! :)

Varnak

It's not a nice job, took me a morning but was my first one.

techie i am about to have mine changed. I had enough of the noise. hat is involved in replacing the water pump? do you have to take the turbocharger/manifold apart?

kohmikey

Black Ibiza SC Cupra
Oct 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
I have just started getting this noise and it started about a month ago, I took my car into the dealers and showed the technician. He then had to speak with Seat technical who advised not to change anything and they know about the issue and are working on a resolution. When I told them about changing the water pump they say that it is not something they will do as they are going by what Seat Technical advise. What can I do as I am getting the impression it is going to be quite a while before they resolve this issue?

GPL

Mar 6, 2010
We had the same issue , we decided to let it go, and it should go away on its own over the next 5000 miles or so

figolovechild

Leon FR CR 170TDI
Sep 12, 2011
Glenrothes
Just wondering if anyone got to the bottom of this. I got my Cupra 2 weeks ago. Its a 60 plate with 2800 miles on the clock and now its started chirping when I accelerate. Going to have to take it back to the dealership to have it looked at.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.