Tyres for mk2 leon cupra

Bumblebum

Hey, my boyfriend has a leon cupra mk2 but im wanting to get him tyres for christmas. Without asking him directly, I was wondering if someone could tell me what type I need. His car is 2 litre turbo and has been re mapped so the tyres will need to cope with speed. Im not sure of the size and treads, if that even makes sense. Can anyone help?

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi Bumblebee

I have 225 x 40 x 18 Dunlop Sport Maxx SPO1 on my FR (same size at Cupra) which seem pretty good to me, they were the standard tyres when the car was purchased. I think Kwik fit are doing buy 4 for the price of 3 at the moment.

Rob

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
ooow what a lovely girlfriend :) i wish my wife would get me something for a car for Christmas...

Question though - will you wrap them up and put under christmas tree? ;-)

best to sneak out to the car one evening and check what is it he's got already - size should be written on the tyre side and we can take it from there :)

Bumblebum

Ooo it says it on the tyre? That will work perfectly then... silly me for not known. Haha Im hoping to wrap them up, problem is tho Im at uni in Glasgow ad he lives in Belfast so Ill have to either cart them back with me or just get them over there at a higher price....dilemma!!!

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
I mean but, do you know if he really wants tyres for christmas? ;-) just a thought - I got my wife practical present once and well... lets just say she reminds me of this on every occasion :)

maybe a car experience voucher if he's a petrol head or something similar?

also - are you sure he's not on this forum? could spoil the surprise :)

Bumblebum

Pedro, you are so right he is on this site, thats how I knew about it. Such a donse. Thanks for your help guys, take care.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I mean but, do you know if he really wants tyres for christmas? ;-) just a thought - I got my wife practical present once and well... lets just say she reminds me of this on every occasion :)

maybe a car experience voucher if he's a petrol head or something similar?

also - are you sure he's not on this forum? could spoil the surprise :)

come on come on spill the beans what did you get your other half? I got mine a New washing machine once and she cried . . . Honest!

RSgeoff

Facelift Citrus Cupra
Aug 22, 2011
Tyneside
You want 225/40/18's and the best grippy / summer tyre you can get (IMO) are Yokohama AD08's (£160 each)

Ooo it says it on the tyre? That will work perfectly then... silly me for not known. Haha Im hoping to wrap them up, problem is tho Im at uni in Glasgow ad he lives in Belfast so Ill have to either cart them back with me or just get them over there at a higher price....dilemma!!!

Buy them off the 'net from somewhere like Camskill and get them delivered to a friend in Belfast all ready for Christmas.

No chance of my other half doing anything like this....she takes zero interest in the cars. The upside is she wouldn't even notice if a new set of wheels go on. Unfortuanately my 2 sons do notice and have been known to spill the beans after which all hell breaks loose :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members