PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
hi phil hows the car going? looks awesome. what subframes are you using with these seats.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
hi phil hows the car going? looks awesome. what subframes are you using with these seats.

Its a mk3 ibiza one from Sparco iirc. Got it from demon tweeks.

Good to see you're still at it Phil :)

Say hey to Jonzy next time you see him, call him something abusive too ;)

Alright mate! Long time no speak! What you driving now apart from your thumb up your arse? lol.

Will do, he loves the abuse.

Indeed, I'm still subscribed to this thread so I stick my head in every now and again.

I've got a bit of a collection at my disposal at the moment, it consists of the following...

MK5 Jetta 1.9 TDI - Quite possibly the slowest company car in the world
T4 2.5 TDI Transporter - Partly converted into a camper
MK3 MR2 Roadster - The other halfs
MK2 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5 V6 Short wheels base - For dicking around in

I will buy something decent again soon, just spent far too much money on the house and holidays :)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Just had a adaptor plate machined up for my S4 throttle body which im going to fit this weekend weather permitting.

But at the moment im seriously thinking about selling it, ive hardly used it the past year, like 950 miles, its sat out on the road gathering dust and i have no motivation to sort out the things that are wrong with it, like the oil return.

I just cant be arsed to lie on the cold floor on the weekends any more and theres little chance of me being able to garage it either.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
Just had a adaptor plate machined up for my S4 throttle body which im going to fit this weekend weather permitting.

But at the moment im seriously thinking about selling it, ive hardly used it the past year, like 950 miles, its sat out on the road gathering dust and i have no motivation to sort out the things that are wrong with it, like the oil return.

I just cant be arsed to lie on the cold floor on the weekends any more and theres little chance of me being able to garage it either.

this is exacly how i am at the mo

tbh ive lost interest in it all

im 28 and just saving for a nice car out of the box if you like

carnt be arsed with keep messing about all the time

constant lil issues because youve done this or that you know what i mean

im sure you can relate to just what im saying phill

you been there done that time to move on kinda thing

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Be sad to see it go if you do Phil! I enjoy the track action/banter lol.

If you need anywhere to work on it in the next few weeks let me know, should have my garage painted by next week! Do what you need to do before I get my Ibiza in there.

Plus I'm going to have a car port sorted soon over the double driveway so you are more than welcome to park your car on there if you need to work on it in the future. Maybe cold but will be dry lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
Would be a shame to see it go, lots of hard work been put into it by the looks of things and it certainly shows!! Although i do want it a bit lol!

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Man up and keep it

Having somewhere to store it would change your attitude Phil -mine's SORN'ed and tucked away until Spring now - you know when it gets dry and warm again you'll miss it.

I wouldn't ever modify a car again to the extent that I have but don't regret doing it - you've invested a lot into it now so why not get some enjoyment out of her.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
With Rob on this one - I couldn't justify ever modifying a car to these lengths and losing this amount of money again. Think of the good times though - you will miss it and since you have the offer to keep her tucked up I would be biting Dave's arm off :D.

Good luck whatever you choose though :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.