Weird boost issue LCR

hardcore4

Feb 26, 2010
ok guys so yesterday i checked for any boost leaks couldnt find any. Cleaned the throttle body and did basic settings then changed my recirc for a forge 007p with yellow spring. Now the car boost spikes to 24psi and drops off to about 19 ish psi held. I thought all was ok untill today on the way homw from work when it lost boost again!!! :(

johno1404

4 DOORS FOR MORE *****S
Aug 22, 2005
Hertfordshire
I seem to be having the same issues fella. I have changed various valves, had leak tests etc And still no change. I only have the 17705 pressure drop between turbo & throttle valve code come up. Not the brake light switch one

Trouble is I did notice the brake lights have stayed on a couple of times now when I have got out of the car at night. I have to go and put my foot on the brake to get them to go off.

I'm thinking I should get a new brake light switch as they are pretty cheap. I'll let you know my outcome.

Did you end up changing yours?

G1NG3R

Any update on this.? Did you get it sorted as I'm having the same problem 17705 boost up and down and also gimp mode.?

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
What you thinking Chris, fauty dv? N75 would tend to cause more surging than limp wouldn't it?

If it sticks in one position the wastegate gets stuck open and the turbo won't get enough exhaust gas pressure to generate much boost. If it sticks in the other position then the wastegate gets stuck closed, the turbo generates too much boost and I guess that would cause limp mode.

Try swapping the J valve back to the stock item, non-standard N75s have been known to cause problems as they should really be mapped in.

@johno1404 - have you got a 007p valve? If so, checked to see if it's sticking open?

johno1404

4 DOORS FOR MORE *****S
Aug 22, 2005
Hertfordshire
@8bit - Yep tried and tested the 007P even though i have recently brought a new one

Here is where i am at with this code. A list of parts i have changed and still dont have a solution

Forge 007P Recirc Valve
Forge Actuator for K04 Turbo
Forge Turbo Intake Pipe
N75 Valve
N249 Valve
PCV Valve under inlet
Brake Light/Pedal Switch
Mass Air Flow Sensor
Map Sensor
Cam Tensioner Gasket
Rocker Cover Gasket

Car has also been smoke tested twice for leaks and found nothing

The Forge Actuator has now been removed and the standard unit has been re-fitted after being advised that would be the best thing to do as the car wasnt boosting right when it wasnt in limp

I was advised by two people on here of the measurement of what the first bolt should be at on the actuator. 18 threads. Trouble is the wastegate is not completely closed with that setting. Is this correct?

I seem to be peaking at approx 18psi and have been advised it would peak at approx 21psi

Im still getting the 17705 code though. This really has been a nightmare!

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
18psi = 1.24 bar which is pretty healthy - if your car is NOT remapped?

Can you log actual vs. requested boost using VAGCOM? Blocks 002, 114 and 115 will show mass air flow, N75 duty cycle and actual vs. requested boost.

EDIT - also, what intercooler setup are you using?

johno1404

4 DOORS FOR MORE *****S
Aug 22, 2005
Hertfordshire
18psi = 1.24 bar which is pretty healthy - if your car is NOT remapped?

Can you log actual vs. requested boost using VAGCOM? Blocks 002, 114 and 115 will show mass air flow, N75 duty cycle and actual vs. requested boost.

EDIT - also, what intercooler setup are you using?

I'm running a Custom Code Stage 1 map. Also standard intercooler setup.

I don't have vagcom myself but I'll have to see if someone in the local area can help me out

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.014163,-0.202057

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I'm running a Custom Code Stage 1 map. Also standard intercooler setup.

I don't have vagcom myself but I'll have to see if someone in the local area can help me out

OK, not sure about Custom Code but that looks a bit on the low side for any stage 1 map right enough. You'd be best off posting in the VAGCOM Help Requests section of this forum, someone near you might have it but not see this post if they don't check the Mk1 Leon section.

I take it you've got a boost gauge then? Where have you got the boost/vac feed for that attached to?

johno1404

4 DOORS FOR MORE *****S
Aug 22, 2005
Hertfordshire
OK, not sure about Custom Code but that looks a bit on the low side for any stage 1 map right enough. You'd be best off posting in the VAGCOM Help Requests section of this forum, someone near you might have it but not see this post if they don't check the Mk1 Leon section.

I take it you've got a boost gauge then? Where have you got the boost/vac feed for that attached to?

I spoke to Custom Code dealer near me and they sai it should peak at approx 21-22 psi.

Ill do that then mate. Ill post some logs up here as soon as i can

Yer ive got a boost gauge fitted. I have the connection in the hose that connects between the n249 and the top on the recirc valve

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Logs will help for sure.

As for your boost gauge, I wouldn't T it in between N249 and the valve, there's the N249, a checkvalve and a vac reservoir in before it so you may not get a true boost reading. Most people T it in just before the FPR, shift it there if you can and see if it reads any different.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.