fitting heated electric seats..memory??

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
You Need the whole loom, it will go to the fuse box and the convenience module, but if you have a face lift you may loose some features as the later convenience module is different, it seems alot of effort for the memory feature tbh.

Last edited:

AMGvRS

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it looks to be along the same lines as my question!

Just bought electric adjustable seats from a V5 Toledo to fit in my 2004 Toledo S TDi, are there plugs there already to work the electric adjustment or will i need to do some wiring?

Last edited by a moderator:

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
You would need to get it from under the drivers seat off a early LC (Leather) if you can find a set, but most sellers wont sell separately which means you will need to find a scrap drivers seat

leontdisx

Mar 13, 2010
hi. im looking to put electric heated seats in mine. had a look for any plugs to linnk into but cant see any.

how easy is the job? is there a wiring loom i would need to take off of a donor car with the leather?

would i have to take the carpets up to run a new loom to them?

james

Cleg85

Petrol Head
Jan 11, 2012
Oxford
Will it make much difference if the airbag wasn't wired up? Not gunna throw up faults iSit?

I'm getting some heated leathers tomoro and am gunna have to make the looms up.

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
The loom itself is very easy to make you only need a live cable. The ground is the cars chasiss. I done it like that in my car but i have added a fuse :) just to be on the safe side
Now i am fitting S3 leather seats which are heated and that is causing me a headache :/ but i am nearly there :)

Cleg85

Petrol Head
Jan 11, 2012
Oxford
Ah cool cool thanks for the info.
I would ideally like to get the hated function working too, I'm guessing it's not as simple as putting a switched 12v live to it then. Bummer!

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Here is the wiring diagram for the heated seats, but i would just buy the ready made loom from kufatec for 49 euros rather than messing around trying to make one your self (Unless your an electrician) it comes with all the right conectors and plugs then all you need are the switches which are £35 each. :D

6749555191_60e7b2feca_b.jpg

Last edited:

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
I used a normal switch to heat the seat but its not getting very hot :( its warm but nothing comparing to heated seats in my friends cars

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I would think thats because the seat switch is vairiable so i would imagine that its stuck on the bottom setting when using just a switch, when its on full you get second degree burns, well with leather you do.

Cleg85

Petrol Head
Jan 11, 2012
Oxford
Hmm probably worth buying the loom then that diagram looks a bit.....well worth spending £35 to avoid!

The best/easiest way to get electric to the seat is taping into cigarette lighter then I'm guessing?

Cleg85

Petrol Head
Jan 11, 2012
Oxford
the kufatec loom comes comes with wiring instructions. its wired into the fuse box

Oh right.
Cos that diagram is just strictly for the heater function isn't it.

The more I look at it the more I'm thinking of making it :) the only minor prob would be getting the plugs.

Might try a dimmer type switch rather than on/off.. Would prob have the low heat prob mentioned above tho...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.