Where is the EGR valve on my Leon?

pertinky

FYI > Diagnostics list it as an "Intake Manifold Flap" aka Throttle Body.

for the 2.0 140 BKD, you're looking at £220 from Eurocarparts. Seat, VW etc quote a price between £279 and £315 + vat depending on who you speak with.

The EGR can be cleaned out with carb cleaner, however for the time and effort, i'd just spend the 50ish quid on a new EGR or a by pass pipe.

Hey guys,

Got completely sidetracked the last few weeks...I've gotten hold of some carb cleaner for the EGR - do I need anything else to refit it or should the current set of parts be sufficient for a good seal?

Also, It seems that that EGR may not be the problem going on the bolded statement - thats with my VAGCOM tool is telling me has failed. Googling lead me to believe this was the EGR unit (or at least a part of it).

jj06

Mar 23, 2009
hi my intake manifold flaps buggered its decided to eat two teeth is there anywhere i can just buy that gear from to replace it with should help keep the costs down

Rosscop2402

Mar 17, 2011
stirling
That's what happens to them all. I've never seen them anywhere. But if u did manage to find them u would need to refill it with oil and seal it again.

pertinky

Guys,

I replaced my EGR and throttle body today. Unfortunately the dashboard light is still on...is it the F8 fuse that needs replacing?

I reset the codes and it stays off until I next start the engine. If i scan I get the same three codes again!

pertinky

Turns out F8 is the radio. Anyone know which one I need to change?

jumpinjackflash

Sep 13, 2007
I had the same problem with my 56 plate 2.0TDI 140 Ref Sport a few months ago.

I was getting 3 fault codes via the diagnostics, the important one was P3103 but there are some more with the last digit changing that are potentially the same problem.

After much reading, I found the part number to be 038128063 L/M (7.14393.26.0). The letter at the end changes inline with updates being made to the part by the manufacturer.

I bought the part from Murrays Direct (01707 272686) they have a .co.uk web site also. Including next business day delivery it was just shy of £200.

I got a mechanic at a local garage I use regularly to replace it, it took less than an hour and needed a fuse also.

From memory the fuse is F23, F8 is for MY up to 2005, F23 is for MY 2006 and beyond.

Hope this helps.

pertinky

I had the same problem with my 56 plate 2.0TDI 140 Ref Sport a few months ago.

I was getting 3 fault codes via the diagnostics, the important one was P3103 but there are some more with the last digit changing that are potentially the same problem.

After much reading, I found the part number to be 038128063 L/M (7.14393.26.0). The letter at the end changes inline with updates being made to the part by the manufacturer.

I bought the part from Murrays Direct (01707 272686) they have a .co.uk web site also. Including next business day delivery it was just shy of £200.

I got a mechanic at a local garage I use regularly to replace it, it took less than an hour and needed a fuse also.

From memory the fuse is F23, F8 is for MY up to 2005, F23 is for MY 2006 and beyond.

Hope this helps.

I'll go check now. Every reference has been to F8 on different forums, yet the manual doesn't really help in pointing you to the correct one! Hope this works or its £250 down the drain :)

pertinky

No joy,

Now have two new codes:

07269 and 16627.

GRR!

Seem to have gone now and I'm back to the original codes...attempting a soft reset via battery disconnect. After that I'm guessing dealer :(

Expensive bill inc considering I need new rear discs/pads, and a possible cam belt change (70k/5 years just gone). Top it off with a service too!

:cry:

pertinky

Just inspecting the old fuse. It doesn't look blown to me :/

Maybe an electrical issue then.

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
Searched and came across this very informative thread.......
So if I take off my EGR valve, clean it and put it back on with a new gasket, the car will still be OK (no resetting or anything further to do) ?
My warning light hasn't come on btw, I just fancy cleaning mine to see if it improves my mpg/performance (2008 FR 2.0 TDI)

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
Searched and came across this very informative thread.......
So if I take off my EGR valve, clean it and put it back on with a new gasket, the car will still be OK (no resetting or anything further to do) ?
My warning light hasn't come on btw, I just fancy cleaning mine to see if it improves my mpg/performance (2008 FR 2.0 TDI)

Leave it in a alkaline solution over night

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.