How to change leon interior with electric seats and armrest.

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Tool Required:
Small flat blade screwdriver
Large flat blade screwdriver
3/8 Rachet
Medium size extension
13mm deep socket
6mm socket
T20 torx screwdriver
Stanley knife
Insulation tape
Wire stripers
Side cutters or scissors (To cut wires)
Solder iron

↓Firstly I removed the rear seats which was easy enough↓

Pull the seat bases down then look underneath the seat bases to see to rod (↓SEE BELOW↓)

100_6677.jpg

100_6679.jpg

You should then be able to remove the base of the rear seats these are nice and light!

Remove the rear head rests.
Then pull down the back of the seats to reveal the hinge (↓SEE BELOW↓)

100_6676.jpg

100_6680.jpg

The backs of the seats can now be removed the two seater back is heavy.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Now to remove the front seats(↓SEE BELOW↓)

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The Front seats will now slide of the runner now by bringing the seats to the rear of the car, don’t forget your airbag plug though.

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Now to remove the center console

Now to remove the center console for the new armrest I’m installing and also to guide wires for electric seats. (↓SEE BELOW↓)

5.jpg

6.jpg

61.jpg

7.jpg

83.jpg

82.jpg

81.jpg

9-1.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Now the center console can be removed.

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Wiring up

I then Sorted the wiring out for powering up the electric seats as there was room to do so. (↓SEE BELOW↓)

17.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

I noticed when putting the new seats in the AIRBAG plugs were different so I changed the plugs over. . (↓SEE BELOW↓)

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

I then fitted the new centre console with armrest the brackets mounted to the handbrake and also had to get some nut and bolts to secure it as the captive nuts were not in place on my car.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
To finish

I fitted the rear seats followed by the front seats.

↓↓↓And here is the finished product↓↓↓

100_6674.jpg

100_6675.jpg

Hope this helped any questions please ask thanks rod!

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Right I've baught those seats, fitted the rears, NOW the hard bit! Your guide is brilliant by the way!
Few questions.
Is it completely necessary that I solder the airbag plug IF it's different?
I've got a loom that will allow me to enable the memory function, but I'm not really arsed about this. (not a question lol)
IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

What rated wire will I need to do the power source for the fronts? e.g. thickness.
Same for the ground?

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Right I used your guide and all is well, except the airbag light is on. I even soldered the old seat airbag plugs onto the electric seats!
I think the light is on because I had the ignition on without the airbag plug in and the fault just needs to be cleared, which is what I am going to try and do on monday, if this isnt the problem then I will take the seats and wire up the other set or airbag plugs as I had the whole looms with the seats.
Do you think clearing the fault will work mate? Cheers Josh.

hainez

from VW to Seat...
Apr 10, 2012
hemel hempstead M1 jct8
you should always disconnect the battery when working with anypart of the airbag system, and should never turn ignition on when components are disconnected unless the correct resistor is in its place...

so this is why your light is on buddy... just clear the fault and all should be good

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
haha, same with me I know people say to disconnect battery but i have disconnected so many airbags with out disconecting battery now I just dont bother. Bad practice I know. glad the guide was of help. I havent really cleaned it just don't get it dirty.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Nice, is that seats from an A3? Did your replacement console come with the armrest built in? I fitted one recently and just cut out the coin tray on the original one.

Claki

Apr 3, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Yeah Toledo seats. Ive got the creamy beige colour ;) looks mint in my platinum grey!

The sets that came with an armrest as standard have a hole in the center console otherwise you need to cut yours.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise