Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

alex 80

Jan 10, 2010
yer as above please maz. your tdi was something that i think alot of us tdi owners would love to have

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Tomorrow is The End

Over past several days parts have been stripped from the Leon as I didnt want her going in as she was. A few friends wanted bits and pieces anyway :)

Wheels, Rear ARB, Rear Strut, Spacers, R32 Wheel, Spare LCR Wheel taken out, Forge Caps, Becker Stereo all taken off. Thats as much as I could take off in the time I had and I must admit it feels like the soul of the car has been ripped out of her. Whoever does get the car in the end will have a beast as it wouldn't take much to get her back to her former glory.

She still handles amazingly though! Took her for a 330 mile round trip on Saturday and achieved 64.5mpg (on trip computer) doing 60 all the way there and doing 70mph I achieved 58mpg so all in all she done 330miles in half a tank. Squeezed the throttle a few times just to remind myself what I will be missing out on.

All being well the BMW is being picked up tomorrow and its the end of the line for my Leon. I do feel very sad I must say. :(

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I must admit it feels like the soul of the car has been ripped out of her.

I must admit I did feel really bad after we left Thrusday night, it is a shame that the car has had to go but at least bit's of her will live on in other's and hopefully she'll go to a good home.

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
cant believe you part ex'd it - they'll prob sell to someone who wont appreciate the engine :(

we could have swapped lol, save me doing the exact same thing to my engine :cry:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Sad times as you say Maz.

But time to move on as you have had her a good while. Fingers crossed she goes to the right home, and not some idiot.

I'm sure you'll move on just fine when you squeeze the pedal in the BM.

Thanks for the parts over the last 3/4 days and let's hope to see this 335D around soon.

:)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
THE END

:(

:)

BMW335d.jpg

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Very nice indeed, absolutely love the shape of the saloons. I look forward to seeing the first detail on that paint work.

Am i right in saying it's common practice to remove the egg shell in the lacquer with a polisher? Get some more pictures up Maz.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
Car looks great! Terrible parking though!!!

expecting floods , or maybe he can still afford taxis to the kerb :lol:

nice car maz , my unle has the shape before that in the 330d sport , other uncle has the older shape to his one , both autos

and i love driving them , whack the sports mode on and stamp :D

my father jsut bought the x5 330d too and that thing shifts for a jeep

i did fancy the 535d around the 05 -09 shap one , smooth looking , not fussed on the newest shape

difficulties for me would be saloon or estate , theres something about them i like
euro tourer

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers guys. Really enjoying the car (its stupidly quick and feels a lot more than the book 286bhp suggests). Itching to detail her and get her to a standard I am happy with. Inside is immaculate so doesn't need anything touching really.

Soon as I have done the rounds, detailed her, I will start a thread up and give my "review".

Car looks great! Terrible parking though!!!
LOL I just pulled over quickly to take a quick picture before the light ran out.

Very nice indeed, absolutely love the shape of the saloons. I look forward to seeing the first detail on that paint work.

Am i right in saying it's common practice to remove the egg shell in the lacquer with a polisher? Get some more pictures up Maz.
Going to give her a good detail this weekend if I get time. To be honest the paintwork isnt that bad, very very light swirls. The paint is lacking some depth and clarity which will come with a machine polish.

Very nice bud :)

Wonder how long till you get pee'd off on the motorway of people slowing down because you're behind them ;)

Enjoy :)
Looking forward to taking her out on the motorway to see what the taller gears are like.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
Shame to see the Leon go as i knew it was from your for sale thread, i will miss my tdi when she goes as for the price its one of the best diesel engines short of pretty much what you have replaced it with or a merc one. even managed to keep a focus st at bay in my stage 1 with exhaust lol

nice looking replacement i have to say, not sure on the new shape BMW 3 series myself, don't like the interior but the outside has grown on me but still don't think i could own one myself but no arguing its a great car

can't wait to see you detail threads on it, especially with it being black as well :lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise