ESP light stuck on

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
So today I go out in my car driving around and I notice my ESP light is on. Realise I can't turn it off. Think nothing off it restart the car still on.

Did a quick search and I'm guessing itsnthe abs pressure sensor modul jobbie. But is there any other things I can check before I go spend the dollar on the main expensive bit?

Also what the cheapest and legit way to fix it?

Am I doing damage driving it as it is? I know ESP isn't working as I nearly slid off the road earlier when gunning it but brakes seem to work!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gazza_24

Sep 4, 2009
I had my light on shortly after I purchased it, it turned out to be the electronic brake control unit or something similar, luckily it was replaced under warranty as I believe it's quite a pricey fix.

I don't think you'll do any damage, I drove mine for some time and the brakes were fine, the only thing was that I could turn the traction control off

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
No warranty is up and it was full seat until the garage I bought it from serviced it them selves in April when I bought it. Jabba did the cambelt also and it's mapped.

Hmm is there any part numbers and can I do it my self?

I'll Dave t sere to send me the parts if so

Lee

Deleted member 65851

Had this problem on a car I test drove from a garage in may he seemed like he wasn't bothered about sorting it out so I walked away

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Get it scanned to confirm the fault.

If its the brake fault, there is a "cheap" sensor fix for this. Speak to David at SERE to get it - sure its £100-£150 iirc.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Last edited:
Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
ok time to have this bad boy fixed as i might be selling my car.

can some one tell me what parts i need to source and ill get it done!!

cheers guys any help is greatly appreciated

robert_waite

I had mine done recently and there is a repair kit from the dealers. It was about £150 plus the labour. If you speak to your dealer they will know what you need.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise