Helix single mass kit

smiff

Jun 14, 2006
stoke on trent
Hi guys ive had the helix single mass conversion kit fited to my ibiza cupra for about 7 months now and the rattle is fairly bad. Ive tried so far the extra half liter of oil as recomended and even gone as far as having the gear box fully rebuilt and the rattle is still there with no improvement. My thinking now is that the flywheel is too light. Basicly before i go back to a dual mass set up does anyone have any other tips or advice to reduce the rattle as this alone would be an improvement :ie better oils or any other heavier flywheels which will work with the kits any advice will be gretly appreciated as it may save me another £1000 to change back thanks smiff

smiff

Jun 14, 2006
stoke on trent
Even when accelerating the rattle dosn't seem to go until 2200rpm then it's nice and quiet. It's a shame realy as the car revs up like a motorbike with the hybrid tooter pushing hard:cry:

smiff

Jun 14, 2006
stoke on trent
Ill give jabba a ring tomorrow as the sound in the vid is 1 million times better than mine. Mine actually sounds as if the gearbox is trying to jump out its shockingly bad it was defening the other day after having my cambelt and water pump done:cry: thanks for that mate

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.