Open Cone Filter

Sep 3, 2008
Buckie, Moray
Has anyone run an open cone filter on their PD130 and saw any gains or noticeable difference? Currently running a green panel filter and PD160 intake. Going for a stage 2 remap soon and wondered if an open cone would be worth while?
I prefer the OEM look it currently has but if there was gains to be had then I would sacrifice it :)
I know heat soak wont be an issue as its only going to the turbo, which will hear it anyway and then through my fmic

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Won't make any odds apparently, you get the odd person saying it does but the tuning experts reckon it doesn't, more a noise/sound thing.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Will make no differance. The engine will be getting the air that ECU requests. Stage 2 map don`t mean crap and is a money maker for the tuning companies. If you want more power fit a hybrid turbo.

Sep 3, 2008
Buckie, Moray
Will make no differance. The engine will be getting the air that ECU requests. Stage 2 map don`t mean crap and is a money maker for the tuning companies. If you want more power fit a hybrid turbo.

I wasnt necessarily meaning more power, I know an induction kit does next to nothing usually. Cant justify £1000 for a hybrid turbo when im still running stage 1 map and a perfectly fine standard turbo

How exactly does a stage 1 map mean **** all?

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
You can get your turbo fitting with a larger turbine for about £300, no need to get a whole new unit.

Cone filters or any other oiled type will give you nothing apart from perhaps more turbo whistle.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members