how many miles has everybody done??

rob - 73

Jun 26, 2007
Hamilton / Glasgow
Just turned 80k. 53plate

The usual things replaced, working my way through bushes upgrades and now it's looking like it might be CV joints.

A part from that all is well...

Soapywatson89

88k 04 plate, gonna keep it for hopefully double this, ace for commuting

May 7, 2011
North East, UK
2010 Leon Cupra - Did 19,876 from 4 miles on the clock.
Estimated about 65 more miles.

New Car 2011 Leon FR TDI - 3500 miles on the clock (Collect Tomorrow!!).
Estimated - about 25,000 miles

Don Eason

Feb 19, 2010
86k miles now on 02 plate 20vt cupra.. Still no real issues. *touches wood* just had the brake pad warning light come on but tbh was expecting it, did rear discs/pads last month so doing the front ones this week.. good timing too since seres has 40% off disc's/pads atm =O

Car still handles like a dream and still wooping the Mk4 GTI noobs at the lights =P

PSX

Sep 20, 2009
114k 05 plate LCR:

Bought at 74k
  • Replaced diverter valve
  • Replaced failed coil pack
  • Replaced gearbox speed sensor
  • Stripped interior to remove and dry carpet + seal scuttle panel leak
  • Replaced clutch master cylinder
  • Replaced failed clutch slave cylinder (and clutch and dual mass flywheel - clutch OK, flywheel fair)
  • Replaced failed auxiliary coolant pump
  • Added NIME box (slow speed fans fix)
  • Removed, oiled & refitted cabin blower motor
  • Replaced split minor boost hoses
  • Broken left-rear coil spring - replaced pair
  • Mechanical handbrake on right-rear caliper broken - replaced caliper (possibly due to uneven re-adjustment on my part)

Consumables very very good - the brake discs lasted about 30k miles (expected much less). Brembo pads are excellent, though obviously wear quicker than the discs. Pirelli tyres lasted over 20k miles of enthusiastic driving.

Current niggles.. gearbox whine is creeping in on overrun, especially in 3rd. Also the doors are not letting water out as they should - this is threatening to cause condensation and ice on the inside as we approach winter once more. The hazard switch clicks rapidly on its own sometimes. The water pump is seeping at a rate needing a top-up every 3 months - new pump, cambelt and tensioners needed soon.

The car is fantastic though. Everything I replace makes me appreciate it more (though the doors issue and the clutch slave are really unnecessary weak points) - if the engine and turbo stay with me to the end I'll be a happy man. At the end of the day I ask myself: would ownership have been as much fun if everything worked 100% of the time? Roll on 200k..

Alex

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.