Led wiring to interior light

damon6uk

1.2 nahh cupra
Oct 15, 2010
Kingston upon hull E.Yorkshire
I need help I'm gonna wire some more LEDs in my footwell
If you go on my Er I had some there already but they come on with my lights and are red but I'm putting white ones in so they come on with the interior light

I know some people have done them to the the interior light just need help with what wires are what?

Jun 14, 2009
Remove the light assembly so you can access the wires and the terminals, and then turn on the light or open a door and then use a voltemetre to find which wire is drawing power when you activate the interior light.

You can then just tap into that wire and route the wire from the interior light down to the footwell. The diagrams show its the brown wire thats on the same circuit as the door switch but use a voltmetre just in case.

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
Ive just put some White led's under my mirror's to come on with the interior light, +/ve is the red and black wire and the -/ve is the brown and black, i removed the a pillar and spliced into there :) hope this helps

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
haha ;), ive just finished looks pretty good i must admit, my lights come on when i open the car with remote then when you turn ignition they just fade out looks awesome :p

Jordanwaterhous

Motorsport > Scene
Sep 15, 2009
Leeds
www.facebook.com
Ohhh so the leds under your wing mirror light up when you unlock the car because you've wired it to interior light! Now i'm with you!

Thought you meant golf style like when you unlock your side/fogs light up.

I'm intending to put leds under wing mirrors too, when they eventually come!

DazJohnson

Ohhh so the leds under your wing mirror light up when you unlock the car because you've wired it to interior light! Now i'm with you!

Thought you meant golf style like when you unlock your side/fogs light up.

I'm intending to put leds under wing mirrors too, when they eventually come!

Is this possible with the MK4 Ibiza? Looked into doing it with VAGCOM but couldn't find anything

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
i dont see why not , i used 10m of cable exactly i got it from maplins but i wired mine paralel to keep the brightness , hmm ive already done it and everythins back together now , when i get my cupra wing mirrors i will take a few pics and make a guide on how to do it :) wont be till tomorrow or thursday though :D. I wish i could take some pics for you to show what its like at night but my phone camera is SH*TEEEEEEE and i dont know where the digital one is

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
Without lights on

IMAG0246.jpg

with lights on

IMAG0247.jpg

photos took off me phone , it doesnt do it justice at all there as bright as the ones on my dads focus and his are like that out factory , and they light up the floor around the car aswell

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Thanks for the pics. How many led's is that ?

My misses has orange lights in the underside of the doors on her Cooper and they really light up the floor which stops you treading in all sorts of nasty stuff when you get out. :lol: