Advice Needed on Tyres

Matthewd91

MattyD
Jun 16, 2011
Gourock
Had a look on search and theres lots of different options out there!! Ive had a look on Camskill and ive narrowed it down to Toyo T1-R's which i had on my last car for a few months and Uniroyal Rainsports 2's!! Being it coming into the winter and living in Scotland i need tyres that will be very good in the rain and i cant pull away at the moment without spinning wheels:(

Just looking for opinions of what people would recommend out of these 2 considering i may be changing the wheels next summer anyway!!

BTW the T1-R's are £60 a tyre on camskill.
The Rainsport 2's are £58 a tyre!!

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
no idea on toyos but have used rainsports in the past and they are excellent especially as you might guess in the wet :),highly recommended for the money.

what size do you have? i cant see them at that price on camskill any chance of a link m8?:)

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
ahhh you got 205/55s ,damn i need 205/45s as would have got some myself at that price,they were £64 in my size but are out of stock!!

Matthewd91

MattyD
Jun 16, 2011
Gourock
you need 45 profile. Rainsports are good tyres.

Yeah i just noticed that there when i checked the tyre:( i have no idea why i had 55 in my head haha cheers:)

Think i may be ordering myself a set of these, are they good in all weather though?

Jan 3, 2011
Just got set fallen 452 can't fault them for price and grip etc I think these are as good as my previous Dunlop sport maxx

Matthewd91

MattyD
Jun 16, 2011
Gourock
I found them difficult to get for a decent price and the availabilty was also a problem. Ended up with toyos there fine for everyday driving tbh.

Yeah the toyos are good i had them on my last car for a few weeks b4 i sold it, never really drove in the wet though, being the winter i need a tyre thats going to give good grip in the wet too, you still reckon toyos?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
i used blackcircles for supply and fitting a few weeks back. very professional service and best price.

Matthewd91

MattyD
Jun 16, 2011
Gourock
In the end the Uniroyal Rainsport 2's werent in stock:( So i decided to go down a different route as these tyres are most likely only going to be on the car till next summer, i have a Nankang NS1 on my spare wheel in the boot (Full Size) and its brand new so i just ordered another one of these and will put them on the front and put one of the old front tyres on the spare wheel:)

Does anyone know if these tyres are any good at all?

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Ebay often has rainsports at a good price for four fitted and balanced, what diameter are they?

16, just checked the link :doh:

CluneZ

Aug 26, 2010
West Yorkshire
I have falken fk452's, superb tyres and held up round silverstone in the pi$$ wet through very well. They wear well and road noise in minimal too :D

Lew89

Jun 17, 2011
Oxford
I have falken fk452's, superb tyres and held up round silverstone in the pi$$ wet through very well. They wear well and road noise in minimal too :D

I'm running 452's also at the moment cant fault them too much in the dry but I personally dont rate them well in the wet :blink:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.