LED sidelights

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
1) Depends if you have a canbus system. Easy answer, take your sidelight out and start the engine up, see if you get a warning. If not, you don't. However, I would doubt that you'd have ont in a mk4....

2) at the rozzers discretion. I've been stopped for them before, but nothing done about it, and when I said they were sold to me as 'white' (even though they were quite blue as they were cheap and nasty ones) he let me on my way :)

fr930

Got SMOKE...?
Jul 28, 2010
London
@ Oj_89: +1 on cheap 'white' LEDs looking quite blue...
51a8fd6b.jpg

they were probably the cheapest available from china!

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
I've got LEDs and they look great without the main lights on. When both lights are on though you get 2 different colours which looks crap .I've bought some osram nightbreakers with came with osram White sides aswell. Looks a lot more classy I think...

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
I've got LEDs and they look great without the main lights on. When both lights are on though you get 2 different colours which looks crap .I've bought some osram nightbreakers with came with osram White sides aswell. Looks a lot more classy I think...

I've got Nightbreakers they give off so much more light, what are the sides like i was thinking of buying some, could you post up a pic ?

Jamie7

Oct 5, 2011
Cornwall
Yep, I just fitted some nightbreakers aswell. These sides sound interesting, got a linky? (can you buy them or did you make them?)