These diagnostics code readers anygood??

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
basically i have the engine managment light on, my airbag light and my abs traction light well think it is lol, there all on!! ive done the battery thing but they all came back on after a few minutes.

just wounderd if these are anygood as i'd rather not pay dealer prices just for them to plug it in and tell me aload of stuff thats wrong with it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-VAG-Di...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2568b668dc

also im no mechanic but im not stupid so if someone could tell me where i plug it in on the car and where to find it that would be great :whistle:

bubbles1

Nurburgring Lover
Dec 28, 2008
Llandudno
This should be fine for your purpose. You plug it into the OBD port which will be behind the dash near your right knee when siting in the driver seat. On my mk4 ibiza you remove the storage compartment and hey presto there it is easy!

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
This should be fine for your purpose. You plug it into the OBD port which will be behind the dash near your right knee when siting in the driver seat. On my mk4 ibiza you remove the storage compartment and hey presto there it is easy!

okey dokey cheers bud. i'll order one of these next friday. (payday:D)

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Or....the alternative is to order an ebay VAGCOM cable, download 'VCDS - Lite' from Rosstech, and just spend 5 mins altering some settings on your laptop and bobs your uncle. About a £7 job.

Jimski

Last edited:

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Or....the alternative is to order an ebay VAGCOM cable, download 'VCDS - Lite' from Rosstech, and just spend 5 mins altering some settings on your laptop and bobs your uncle. About a £7 job.

Jimski

Weve only got a pc lol and its nearly had its day!( getting a laptop after xmas. So ill just have to stick with the code reader ;)

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
No worries, your not too far away mate so if you are ever stuck give me a nudge........or just wait till after christmas :p

Jimski

Pyro

Jimski

Can you elaberate on this please jim? :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.