picking up alloys

20vturbz

Aug 1, 2011
hi,i just bought some alloys for my car, they are in the picture ( they are the actual alloys but i photoshopped them onto my car as i collect them this week) what color would suit the alloys? i was thinking the same color as my car?

2r3wm4w.jpg

20vturbz

Aug 1, 2011
i was thinking black with the bits around the spokes white? i paid £40 for all 4 wheels lol

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Great price on the wheels! I would keep them all one colour. Maybe do black outside and white in side if you fancy going for 2-tone!

Also, make sure you have 40 profile tyres on them....

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
Yep, 205/40/17 or 215/40/17 tyres so that the rolling radius isn't too different from your standard wheels. The TT came with 45 profile tyres as standard so they will look daft and your speedo will be out!

agreed plus they might rub the wheel arches over bumps i know mine did!!

Quite like them as they are tbh, suits the car quite well. I wouldn't do black, but that's just my personal dislike of black alloys.
There's a boy near me has them in a metallic purple on his Ibiza. Very hit or miss but I Think they're great.

LewisW

I really like these alloys. Personally I'd say maybe a dark grey :whistle: :)

Quite like them as they are tbh, suits the car quite well. I wouldn't do black, but that's just my personal dislike of black alloys.
There's a boy near me has them in a metallic purple on his Ibiza. Very hit or miss but I Think they're great.

I know who you are talking about with them in purple, I agree, I think they look fantastic!

Each to their own though :)

20vturbz

Aug 1, 2011
hi thanks for the replies,ive narrowed it down to -anthracite/normal color with sparkles or black with a blue lip?

dan666

Oct 13, 2009
Hartford, Cheshire
just got a set too for mine... probs just spares to be honest while i save to get om ones refurbished.

will standard bolts fit and work? mine a pre facelift FR