Ibiza mk2 93 radio instalation

overburn

hi ppl.
I bought seat ibiza mk2 1993 and have a problem with the radio installation. The connector is PC2-18-4 but the power connector has only 3 wires: acc (position 7), ground (8) and dimmer (6). the radio didn't turn on because don't has battery + connector (generally yellow wire) (position 4). I connected this pin to the acc and it's working, but it's working always.. I remove the key and the radio still working. I found the mk2 radio wired diagram and in this diagram the wire exist but in my car no... anybody know where i can found this wire?? in fuse box? the diagram isn't very clearly... thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
hi ppl.
I bought seat ibiza mk2 1993 and have a problem with the radio installation. The connector is PC2-18-4 but the power connector has only 3 wires: acc (position 7), ground (8) and dimmer (6). the radio didn't turn on because don't has battery + connector (generally yellow wire) (position 4). I connected this pin to the acc and it's working, but it's working always.. I remove the key and the radio still working. I found the mk2 radio wired diagram and in this diagram the wire exist but in my car no... anybody know where i can found this wire?? in fuse box? the diagram isn't very clearly... thanks

The ciggy lighter power source should be on an ignition.

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
If it doesn't go off properly mate, it's the ISO harness you have after the original loom... I had this problem in my red Ibiza. Never went off etc. And Ben you're right, cig lighter stays on.

overburn

^ I dont think it is

You should have 2 block connectors in the wiring, for speakers and power... you sure you dont have the wiring for it? Its not a yellow wire in the original wiring harness:

Yes, i have only Battery + , Battery - and Lighting feed... there is no ACC wire in the connector. very strange... the cigarette lighter working without the key, and i think it's because my ignition switch has only 3 position: off, on (when the panel lights) and ignition..
The key don't cut all circuit in the car.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise