dpf problem

Aug 5, 2008
Just a quick note to say we are seeing alot of cars miss-diagnosed when it comes to DPF's. It is usually one of the sensors causing the issue and stopping the car from re-generating, hence why it then goes into limp mode.

Just one example, a chap went to Audi and was told he needed a new DPF, he purchased an O.E DPF for about £700 and came to us to fit it. We asked if we could carry out diagnostics on it first. He then left here a couple of hours later having spent about £40 on a part and £90 on labour. Off he went to get a refund on his new DPF.

HTH,

Ben

nicklaus27

Sep 1, 2009
what do you guys charge for dpf removal and mapping and the exhaust etc down there!? got some family still in essex, so could make a trip if the price was right!

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Took a while to find..

382365_10150454636035281_159415695280_11020766_1426840952_n.jpg

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
well unless there is something mechanically wrong with the car above, looks like they exagerated to you by about 20bhp. or 5harks rollers could be a little harsh, either way the difference would still be proportionate

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
I doubt mine is 188bhp. 210 sounds about right.

I think they quote 230 on the full Miltek.

wega3k

To clarify... I think you'll find the rollers above are extremely accurate. The car in question had the dpf media removed and OEM pipe re-welded, hence both sets of figures are lower than they could be with a big bore down-pipe.

wega3k

I have agreed to put my car on those rollers at some point to do a comparison of the exact same two maps, but with a big bore downpipe, rather than the modified OEM DPF pipe, which is still very restrictive.

The OEM pipe is in the foreground in the photo below - note how restrictive in the section immediately after the DPF...

dpf1.jpg

bazza2011

Aug 18, 2011
hi,im not to sure what to make of this,i live in mansfield(5mins away from 5hark)and was considering having the dpf delete and remap.Having spoken to 5hark perf was told with removal to expect around 210bhp mark which i thought was gr8,however looking at a company in chesterfield(j8s)they put the miltek on which apparantly can produce an extra 20bhp?is this about right?
Sorry if i've gone slightly of topic but seeing this has given me a few doubts now and im unsure where to go.I also thought that having the dpf removed from the exhaust would be a safer way due to the mot testing than to have a nice shiney new downpipe fitted and it being obvious that the dpf wasn't there?
Please please help me am i making a bad decision?
Once again sorry for highjacking this thread but really would like some advice on this
thanks daz

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
hi,im not to sure what to make of this,i live in mansfield(5mins away from 5hark)and was considering having the dpf delete and remap.Having spoken to 5hark perf was told with removal to expect around 210bhp mark which i thought was gr8,however looking at a company in chesterfield(j8s)they put the miltek on which apparantly can produce an extra 20bhp?is this about right?
Sorry if i've gone slightly of topic but seeing this has given me a few doubts now and im unsure where to go.I also thought that having the dpf removed from the exhaust would be a safer way due to the mot testing than to have a nice shiney new downpipe fitted and it being obvious that the dpf wasn't there?
Once again sorry for highjacking this thread but really would like some advice on this
thanks daz

It's not how the car looks on the day of the MOT, it's how smokey it is that matters!!

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
thanks daz

you could blag that it i suppose if they bring MOT laws out that say you MUST have a DPF on your car, and just find a simpleton MOT garage. Dont listen to JBS, the 188bhp above is the custard code they sell. I asked them ages ago what it would do to get 230bhp and they fed me some crap about how id need some special FMIC that doesnt exist yet. And im sceptical that the downpipe adds 20bhp, but 5hark will do the milltek for you if you want (he sells them now, even service it for you if you want :))

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
in fact get it down with milltek and get it RR'd asap, im actually wanting to know this, but mines CR so that will probably mean that any result on here wont be the exact same as mine

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Mine has the big bore down pipe but not the full Miltek system.

I didn't think JBS did DPF guts removal only?

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
To clarify... I think you'll find the rollers above are extremely accurate. The car in question had the dpf media removed and OEM pipe re-welded, hence both sets of figures are lower than they could be with a big bore down-pipe.

I thought that was two different cars that VRs. Same car two different maps? If the first still had the DPF in place and no big bore then that's not the 230 product JBS quote.

What is yours then?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
JESUS!

Do we really need another 5hark vs JBS-CC thread its really getting old now!

Kilner has a PD170 Golf, he has had both CC and 5hark maps on it, both have run on RS Tuning's RR and both got Identical Results, 5hark then bumped his boost upto 1.7bar and he got a very slightly better result

Come on guys i dont see the MK1 LCR people arguing over whether REVO or 5hark map is better, or the MK2 Leon Cupra people arguing wether REVO or GIAC is better! do we really need another thread on this subject

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Castleford, West Yorkshire
hi im new to cupra net and im looking for some advice.i have just recently bought a leon fr diesel it got a dpf issue always in limp mode.im thinking of getting it deleted and remapped iv come across a company called ecu flash which is in sheffield just was wondering if any body has dpf delete done by them and if they are any good.any advice will be appreciated thanks.

Hey mate, got mine done in sheffield and I know he does do dpf removal. Revo tuned but its called statller. Its on attercliffe road :)

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Bit off of 5hark to put that on their FB page. They hint that the DPF off that should be 235 is actually 188...