Remap and exhaust

mattyglcr

Oct 23, 2011
i cant beleive the difference after will done my remap last week,the first log before the remap produced 228.9bhp ans 220.8lb/ft my mods are,3"dp,sports cat,bluflame cb n249 bypass forge 007 cold side and jr filter,after my remap figures were 269.9hp ans 299.5lb/ft and the difference is massive,my bost is @ 1.6 bar and it loves it lol.only downside id now i think my n75 valve is playing up as sometimes my boost is a bit erratic :-(

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Must admit I want it done but mine has been so reliable so far just wondering if mapping it will affect it and start affecting the car!
Ak

in the 5 years my cars been remapped nothing has failed that wouldnt have failed without the map... CTS, 1x maf, water pump.... thats about it. Still on the original coils.
Its luck of the draw but if the cars in good condition you should be fine.

mattyglcr

Oct 23, 2011
im also the same i have had numerous cars and all have been remapped,ive never had any issues with reliability only thing is with the extra power/torque some components will have more stress i.e clutch/gearbox/driveshafts e.t.c but engine wise will be running PERFECT :)

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
That's good then! Just been out to check my engine code and it's an app engine! But then again I think my cupra is the oldest on here!
Some people on here say my car will only get to 200 bhp not 210 like the auq cars! Is this true?
Ak

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
bit of hit an miss to be honest , some tuners erckon they can get 210-215 out the k03. but r tech reckons they only good for about 200 max , which i tend to agree , i've seen a few k03 powered cars on there rollers struggle to get 195bhp with all supporting stage 2 mods and max timing and boost

mattyglcr

Oct 23, 2011
like seatcupramad23 said a bit hit and miss,you would deff notice the difference mate its not all about dyno figures who has the most bhp @ max revs its in the rev band where it makes a big difference say like 4500rpm also your torque is greatly improved and boost is raised to around 1.4 bar,with basic breathing mods and a healthy engine i think you would deff break the 200-210 barrier pal

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Cool that's what I want to hear! my auq engined one feels the same and sounds the same as my app engine one if anything my app one sounds "throatier" !!!!
Ak

S15YCE

Sep 15, 2011
Hereford
The power which you 'feel' is the Torque.

You may only get 20 extra bhp but if you got an extra 50 lb/ft of torque you would definitely feel the difference of that.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.