Arosa randomly stalling

coconuts

My dads 99 Arosa 1 liter has stalled a randomly a few times on him, once as hes was on the motorway and it just stalled after he had drove 20 miles, another time it just stalled as he was parking up after driving 10 miles and the other time he had drove the my place, less than a mile and when he was leaving it wouldn't start. After each occurrence the car turns over fine ruling out the battery but just won't start. When the car is left for a while, say 30 minutes or so after a few more turns it will start and drive perfectly. No lights and the dash come on. Any ideas? Thanks.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Usually its caused by a dirty throttle body or the cable needs a little tweak. Sometimes changing the plugs and the leads also helps but, cleaning out the throttle body usually helps.

coconuts

Usually its caused by a dirty throttle body or the cable needs a little tweak. Sometimes changing the plugs and the leads also helps but, cleaning out the throttle body usually helps.
Where can i find that in the engine bay? Any other ideas what it might be also? Thanks

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
The throttle body is under the air filter housing. I would imagine its a combination of that and dodgy plugs/leads.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
5mm Allen key, cloths, cotton buds (try to get the baby ones) Carb cleaner from Hellfrauds. If your not feeling confident about what your doing then don't do it get someone else to.

coconuts

No doing it won't be a problem just wondering what I'd need. If it isnt the throttle or plugs is there anything else it could be?

coconuts

I've cleaned the throttle body although it wasn't hardly dirty at all and I changed the plugs, not leads yet as its Sunday and nowhere around open. The car hasn't stalled yet and I've driven over 30 miles but the idle speed is very erratic, as in idle would be around 2000rpms but goes up and down. I've taken off air box ect twice more to see if I left anything off but nothing, any ideas?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.