HID's Help

Leon_Chris

Sep 15, 2008
East Mids - Grantham
i currently have 50w h7 kits on my LCR mk1 and am constantly being flashed by oncoming drivers, is this because i dont have the H7R bulbs.
i am thinking for main beam lights dropping down to the 35w bulbs but would i just be able to swap bulbs over or would i need all new ballasts to suit the 35w bulbs?
any advice would be great
cheers!

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent
I'm not 100% but would assume you'd need new ballasts. Would happily be told otherwise though!

Image2000uk

Jul 21, 2011
Had a quick look on flea bay and yes you can buy h7r in a 55w kit but i cant see them to buy on there own so might be a case of buy a kit and use your original ballasts.

or order 10 pairs off dhgate as its the only way you seem to be able to buy them on there.

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
H7R lamps on ebay are crap unless they are from HIDS4U, all the others are copies (and poor ones at that) where the black strip peels off with the heat and practically makes them H7 lamps.

I've never been flashed with my 5000k HIDS4U H7R's

stevie502

Hello i am in the process of buyin a 58 plate leon fr550 and i am lookin 2 upgrade the lights 2 hid i would just like2 know weather i need cambus friendly set or justa normal set thanks

Apr 6, 2010
Hello i am in the process of buyin a 58 plate leon fr550 and i am lookin 2 upgrade the lights 2 hid i would just like2 know weather i need cambus friendly set or justa normal set thanks

You'll need canbus pal and make sure you don't buy a cheap set..

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent
H7R lamps on ebay are crap unless they are from HIDS4U, all the others are copies (and poor ones at that) where the black strip peels off with the heat and practically makes them H7 lamps.

I've never been flashed with my 5000k HIDS4U H7R's

Mine are from eBay and very happy with them. I suppose some would be **** (if you go too cheap) mine were around £65 and even better than the set I had on my old car. I have heard of good things about HIDS4U though so would recommend people buy from there if they're not sure about the stuff floating around eBay.

stevie502

You'll need canbus pal and make sure you don't buy a cheap set..

Ok thanks i wont get a cheap set dont worry about that i just wasnt sure which 1s i need as i dont have the car yet i should b getting it at the end of the month and this is the first upgrade im doin 2 it so thanks again

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
Mine are from eBay and very happy with them. I suppose some would be **** (if you go too cheap) mine were around £65 and even better than the set I had on my old car. I have heard of good things about HIDS4U though so would recommend people buy from there if they're not sure about the stuff floating around eBay.

I originally had a hidsdirect kit (don't work properly on the FL) and the H7R lamps they had weren't a patch on the HIDS4U lamps. The light was reflecting in the sky because of the poor "black band"

There probably are some decent kits available on ebay but I wouldn't bother with the £30 ones!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise