Is it worth changing from a Cupra to a Cupra R or a Focus RS

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
REVO are now doing Focus turning. They've been getting some pretty big, and more importantly, usable power.

yep also seen the Revo stealing the JWR / AUTOTECH threads.
im interested in the JWR tuning from an owner though and what mods prices are needed , i would be happy with about 380 bhp ;)

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
yep also seen the Revo stealing the JWR / AUTOTECH threads.
im interested in the JWR tuning from an owner though and what mods prices are needed , i would be happy with about 380 bhp ;)

380 bhp sounds good to me too, get yourself a drive in one, you'll want it though ;)

chopper-lew

Jan 29, 2011
Helensburgh, Scotland
380 bhp sounds good to me too, get yourself a drive in one, you'll want it though ;)

I have the JWR 100 package and the car made 396 bhp on the rollers a few months ago. Maybe a bit more now as I have removed the blow-off valve that was leaking a bit of boost and fitted a forge re-circ valve instead. Its also just had a service.

I have heard good things about the revo tuning packages as well but im a bit cautious untill if seen some proven results (there are many tuners out there that make promises they cant keep when it comes to RS tuning).

Even though im happy with Revos stage 2 package for my K1, personally, I would stick with JWR Autotech as they have such a massive and impressive history with tuning these Volvo 5 pots.

Some food for thought - Take 3 different RS's with a similar 350 bhp aftermarket tuning package from 3 different tuners and they can feel like different cars to drive due to the power delivery, boost charactaristics and overall smoothness.

Choose wisely young skywalker!

Ryan20

Sep 28, 2009
Hampshire
Update

I've not decided that the next car must still be a vag Volkswagen or Audi
Liking the thought of a Volkswagen Golf R with Stage 1 Revo Map, Milteck or a APR Full EXhaust & Coilover's etc

I've thought about the Audi S3 but what put's me off is that the current A3 shape is 8year's old and know that Audi will bring a new 1 out as soon as i've bought 1

The TT-RS is a gorgeous are and would be the only Audi that I would buy but it's 2 expensive atm with the cheapest 1 on auto trader going for £34,500 it way out of my budget which is a shame tho as like I say it's a gorgeous car

The only other car I can think of that my temp me to leave the vag stable is the forthcoming Vauxhall Astra VXR due out early next year from what I've read 2.0ltr turbocharge engine 300bhp 4wd I like the interior in the 5dr I hope is as good as if not better and should be cheaper then a Golf R with more power as well

With my current car I think 300bhp is more then enough throught the front wheel's can feel it pulling in the corner's think 4wd is the best way forward

OldNick

Apr 13, 2005
Well I have just taken the plunge and bought a Focus RS. My K1 isnt due to be changed until January 2012, but I saw a 2010 Performance Blue RS with Mountune 350 upgrade and Lux Pack 1 and bluetooth with just 8700 miles on it. Got it for a real bargain I think as well. It means I've temporarily spent our kitchen extension money, but will have to get a loan in the new year to cover that. I get two months of comparing the two cars now, although I cant help feeling I'm cheating on the K1 when I use the RS!!!

Nik

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Well I have just taken the plunge and bought a Focus RS. My K1 isnt due to be changed until January 2012, but I saw a 2010 Performance Blue RS with Mountune 350 upgrade and Lux Pack 1 and bluetooth with just 8700 miles on it. Got it for a real bargain I think as well. It means I've temporarily spent our kitchen extension money, but will have to get a loan in the new year to cover that. I get two months of comparing the two cars now, although I cant help feeling I'm cheating on the K1 when I use the RS!!!

Nik

Good move, you won't regret it! I'm thinking of going the mountune route too, just like the cupra the RS cries out for a remap and fettling!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location

Nik

nice 1 mate
this is the route i am thinking of going down
need to do it before im too old lol

get some pics up so we can all drool :blink:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.