egr fault code

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
hello,
i have this fault code all the time and would like to clear for ever ideally.
am looking to trade in for a bigger car (family growing) and also 1 car family to cut costs.

had this for a long time and new mot rules have pushed to the front of list!

19586 - EGR System: Regulation Range Exceeded
P3130 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Now, i can clear this using torque or vcds lite but can come back anywhere from 20 to 300 miles.

the egr was cleaned at 90k as was blocked solid, asv flap had come loose so was lucky no damage if had worked loose.
not replaced it, maybe i should?
been using millers every other tank since and no smoke at all.
spoken to local remap company and they advised against the map out/off as it is used to assist with combustion temps (no idea how accurate).

So, anyone know how i can clear this for good please? or i can clear before i trade in and let them worry about it, but will have to tell them which will knock money of value.

Thanks.

JonnyBCK

Nov 16, 2010
i have the same fault code mate. i believe the pipe which its on about is the vacuum pipe going into the top of the egr. if u pull out inlet pipe to the egr u can see the valve which the vacuum pipe operates. i myself have just ordered a new one al let u know if the EML goes away

JonnyBCK

Nov 16, 2010
change of plans for me im afraid i now have my egr blanked off after my hybrid turbo conversion the pipe from the turbo to egr was removed and blanked off il let u know though if i get anything else as this may only be temprimental

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members