vagcom airbag light?

mikemk4gti

Nov 12, 2010
North Wales
After the trouble I had with the over charging etc my airbag light is now on, I have vagcom but ive never used it to access the airbags as it comes up with a warning saying it could make them un readable? anyone successfully used vagcom on the airbag ecu?

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
I hope you can use vagcom to reset the airbag light! Iv just got a reader and need to do mine! Sure people on here say you have to use vagcom to reset it!
Ak

mikemk4gti

Nov 12, 2010
North Wales
just read a bit about it on the ross tach site, says that its ok depending on the part no. of the airbag ecu, so I'll check that first.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I've accessed my airbags with no issue, and my mate has had his light reset, so unless you have one of the specific airbag ECU's you should be fine.

mikemk4gti

Nov 12, 2010
North Wales
Well I used the computer at work, fault code was battery voltage - obviously caused by my recent alternator fault. Cleared it and its sorted now :)

drka-drka

New Schooler
How much is it to get a vagcom reader I want to turn my air bag light off too!

Is the port the same connection on the new Leon as the old one? As I know someone who's got a reader but he wasn't sure if the cable would work as he's got a new Leon

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.