Coil pack Recall

Erijaso

Jan 24, 2005
Just an update on this. Took my 07 Leon Cupra for some work and the seat garage stated that they will check the coil packs and if the part number is the ones on recall will replace free of charge.

They have called me and confirmed they are to replace all my coil packs FOC.

Just a heads up to everyone, not quite sure which years this applies, but would suggest you take your seat to a dealer to check this out and get them replaced if necessary.

G

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Just an update on this. Took my 07 Leon Cupra for some work and the seat garage stated that they will check the coil packs and if the part number is the ones on recall will replace free of charge.

Just a heads up to everyone, not quite sure which years this applies, but would suggest you take your seat to a dealer to check this out and get them replaced if necessary.

G

Just what I wanted to hear!

Nov 28, 2006

G

Very interesting. Don't suppose you can get a bit more info from the dealer can you?

tom.b

Mar 30, 2011
Nottingham
just rang SEAT in Nottingham its booked in to be checked out on Saterday to see if the coil packs are manufactured on a certain date then they must be replaced worth giving your local stealer a ring.:ban:

bil44

Aug 13, 2011
Is this only on the cupra or would the same apply to an FR also would you need FSSH for it to be replaced free of charge, cheers

Feb 26, 2009
London
I think it was TFSI engines, it was a big discussion of gti forum, if I remember correctly it was only certain serial numbers plus many dealers try to get out without changing them so you have to be vary firm. Unfortunately my tfsi wasn't original engine in the car so I can't claim :(

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
It's certain serial numbert in combination with the chassis code of your car.
My coilpacks failed but the car hat the wrong number so no guarantee.
A Cupra whith coilpacks with the same number and a month older got free coilpacks although they where fine (Always knew the Seat guarantee people where complete idiots)

tom.b

Mar 30, 2011
Nottingham
Well just got back from SEAT, and......sucsess after a 5min phone call asking about a recall got it booked in to check to see if mine were made on a perticular date, which they was and they happend to have a set in stock so 45mins later got a brand new set of coils, i must say the car deffinatly seems to start more positively but not noticed any difference when driving. Its was worth the phone call :D

Erijaso

Jan 24, 2005
Well just got back from SEAT, and......sucsess after a 5min phone call asking about a recall got it booked in to check to see if mine were made on a perticular date, which they was and they happend to have a set in stock so 45mins later got a brand new set of coils, i must say the car deffinatly seems to start more positively but not noticed any difference when driving. Its was worth the phone call :D

Nice one, got mine back on Friday will all coils replaced FOC. I'm sure it sounds better, or is that just me?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I think a good idea would be if people who have had the coils replaced under warranty can edit their posts to say what year car (56 , 07 ect) and old coil pack letter that was changed (i think the latest is revision F) , At least other owners can tell if they have been given the correct advice from the dealers.

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Just spoke to my local seat dealer and my 07 cupra needs to go in on wednesday to be looked at,will post up my old coil pack part nos if they need changing...

tom.b

Mar 30, 2011
Nottingham
I think a good idea would be if people who have had the coils replaced under warranty can edit their posts to say what year car (56 , 07 ect) and old coil pack letter that was changed (i think the latest is revision F) , At least other owners can tell if they have been given the correct advice from the dealers.

mines a 2007 Cupra, i never checked the old numbers so i couldnt say sorry.

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
mine needed changing part number was 07k905715.................

Just done some checking with ETKA over the history for these coilpacks.

07K 905 715 was dropped on 01.03.06. Replaced by 07K 905 715C
07K 905 715C was dropped on 01.03.09. Replaced by 07K 905 715D.
07K 905 715D was dropped on 01.05.09. Replaced by 07K 905 715F.
07K 905 715F is the current part number.

The engine codes these were fitted to were BWA, BWJ, BZB, BWA1, CDAA & CDLA.

Hope this may help.

cupra79

I called Grants seat today and I have mine booked in to be checked Saturday. Fingers crossed they need replacing.

betts

chasing horses
May 22, 2009
nottingham
just rang SEAT in Nottingham its booked in to be checked out on Saterday to see if the coil packs are manufactured on a certain date then they must be replaced worth giving your local stealer a ring.:ban:

Im booked in at nottingham seat on saturday morning aswell, I may see you there

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members