My MK4 Ibiza Cupra K300 hybrid 299bhp 299ft/lb

tills7

The Devil made me buy it!
Sep 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
My old filter seemed restrictive in comparison to this one and theres a lovely noise as soon as I start to put my foot down :D

I think your right about the arb brackets need to shimmy them along a bit more

I had a halfords one on sounded nice but after chatting to some folk and looking into it probably wasn't any better than standard with an up rated filter but was thinking about moving the battery (to probably the boot) and getting a big filter back in :good:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cos I'm rolling!!

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
Halfords filters can apparently do more harm than anything, a guy that works in my local one said theyre intended for engines up to 100bhp and should never be fitted on a turbo car but they obviously don't tell you that on the box as nobody would buy them!

tills7

Sep 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Halfords filters can apparently do more harm than anything, a guy that works in my local one said theyre intended for engines up to 100bhp and should never be fitted on a turbo car but they obviously don't tell you that on the box as nobody would buy them!

Glad I binned mine then - time to do things properly me thinks :)

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com

That's interesting as I had mine on the car for about 1.5yrs! Were they expecting it to get sucked into the engine? Oh well, not my problem anymore (although i did remove it before selling on....) :shrug:

CluneZ

Aug 26, 2010
West Yorkshire
I bought the cone from bill at badger 5, we went over sizes and things on the phone and this is the one I went for. The noise it makes is quality I'll try get a vid sometime. Going up a steep hill the other day all I could hear is the cone :D

tills7

Sep 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
I bought the cone from bill at badger 5, we went over sizes and things on the phone and this is the one I went for. The noise it makes is quality I'll try get a vid sometime. Going up a steep hill the other day all I could hear is the cone :D

It is the one thing I miss since changing back ...... will go back soon I'm sure ;)

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
hey up, saw you at the last showcase meet i went to and noticed you had a battery relocation, just wanting to know what wire you used and did you fit any battery restraint ? i'm wanting mine in the boot so bit different to your. but would like some advise please.

CluneZ

Aug 26, 2010
West Yorkshire
Mine was going in the boot but I didn't buy enough cable :lol:

It's a bit of a farce to do due to the fuse panel on top. There's a restraint over the top of the battery and drilled holes into the floor and put rods round to hold it in place. Ask for a better look next time pal ;)

CluneZ

Aug 26, 2010
West Yorkshire
6527eb49.jpg

New custom front grill

CluneZ

Aug 26, 2010
West Yorkshire
Cheers chaps :)

Need to get a new bay pic up as I gave it a good clean and now have a polished cam cover :)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members