Bee-sting aerial

chrisbhoy88

Chris G
May 15, 2010
port glasgow
I changed my standard aerial on my ibiza to a beesting one a while back when I just got the car but have never used the radio and I recently wanted to use the radio but have next to no signal atal its really bad. So i bought a more epensive beesting aerial and its just the same even with a longer fitting on it. Does anyone know if you get a good signal with the beesting or what else it could be ?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
mine was similar, i put in a signal amplifier...quite cheap and easy to do....however, i reverted to the original one in the end

chrisbhoy88

Chris G
May 15, 2010
port glasgow
Im thnking about putting the original aerial back on to try it but only thing is I hate the look of the big long aerial on it :( beesting looks so much better !!

Apr 14, 2011
my original one is crap for sigal, only get a couple of stations so was goin to try a bee sting but my try the honda one

chrisbhoy88

Chris G
May 15, 2010
port glasgow
I tried cvhanging it back over to the original aeiral yesterday and still no luck it was the exact same :( dont know what to do now lol Anyone got any ideas what may be the problem.

forgot to mention I have put my own JVC headunit into my car.

zomby

May 8, 2011
Scotland
I tried cvhanging it back over to the original aeiral yesterday and still no luck it was the exact same :( dont know what to do now lol Anyone got any ideas what may be the problem.

forgot to mention I have put my own JVC headunit into my car.

IIRC the original HU has a signal booster built into it. If the JVC doesn't have a signal booster, that might be your prob. Quick trip to halfords for a signal booster may solve your issue.

chrisbhoy88

Chris G
May 15, 2010
port glasgow
IIRC the original HU has a signal booster built into it. If the JVC doesn't have a signal booster, that might be your prob. Quick trip to halfords for a signal booster may solve your issue.

Where would I need to check on JVC headunit to see if it has a signal booster and if not much are they in halford and easy to fit ?

touge

Sep 6, 2011
Nor-Which
IIRC nearly all aftermarket headunits do not come with a signal booster, i have an Alpine XDA and it needs to have a signal booster if you wish to run a stubby aerial.

The booster is just something that you plug inline between your main aerial cable and the HU, I don't believe that it requires it's own power supply (but i could be wrong)

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
S2000 fine for me aswell. But i am on the standard stereo... think mine still has a tape player lol..only joking ...

chrisbhoy88

Chris G
May 15, 2010
port glasgow
If I was to get a signal booster how much roughly would they be and what do they look like ? never seen one before was going to have a look on ebay but need to know what im looking for lol .. also where abouts would I find the main aerial cable to connect it to ?

Tried putting my original aerial back on but didnt make any difference!

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
Pay halfords to do it. Did mine for 25 quid . Was so much easier. All I provided was aerial booster. Plus got a stereo half price from them!! Well chuffed .

Joshh

Jan 29, 2011
Slightly off topic, but is anything needed to fit an aftermarket headunit other than the cables that come with the HU? Is there a guide anywhere? Thanks

It's very very easy mate I wouldn't pay for it to be done. All you need is an old credit car trimmed to fit the two horizontal slots at either side under the buttons. Press them in and wiggle out your head unit. No wiring adapter needed on mine (07 plate fr) but you'll need steering control adapter if you want to keep them! Then just connect airial and power leads, fit the cage and slot in your new radio :)

Was going to write a double din fitting guide today as its rumoured to be a pain but was actually very simple with a bit of patience!

Chris3boro

Ibiza TDI 130 Sport
Jan 26, 2008
Richmond, North Yorkshire
It's very very easy mate I wouldn't pay for it to be done. All you need is an old credit car trimmed to fit the two horizontal slots at either side under the buttons. Press them in and wiggle out your head unit. No wiring adapter needed on mine (07 plate fr) but you'll need steering control adapter if you want to keep them! Then just connect airial and power leads, fit the cage and slot in your new radio :)

Was going to write a double din fitting guide today as its rumoured to be a pain but was actually very simple with a bit of patience!

Great thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise