PD150 remapped - Clutch slip advice

craigdabbs

Hi,

Ive read numerous threads regarding the type of clutch to replace the standard one fitted at the moment. Im producing around 200 bhp / 300-350lbft so the standard replacement clutches dont seem to be able to handle extra torque according to there specs anyway.

Ive decided to stay DMF as i would like to avoid noise, and a uprated sachs kit. Now i found a kit on ebay offering a Sachs DMF Clutch kit with kevlar. Has anyone had any experiance with this this kit?

Ebay no: 260753222095
(sorry cant post links yet)

Any advice would be appreciated, thankyou

C Dabbs

Nick172

May 5, 2010
I bought my FR150 TDi which had been remapped from 150 to 190 by the previous owner (daboy3000 off here) and it's still on the standard clutch with no clutch slipping that I've ever noticed, even when doing a full on start. That was in May 2010.

I'd see how it goes and only replace it if it starts going.

AshFR

Seat Leon TDi PD150 2005
Mar 10, 2011
Shropshire
photobucket.com
I've had a remap on my 150 done 15000 miles since still on the original clutch. depends how you rive, fast launches all the time will destroy the clutch

I bought my FR150 TDi which had been remapped from 150 to 190 by the previous owner (daboy3000 off here) and it's still on the standard clutch with no clutch slipping that I've ever noticed, even when doing a full on start. That was in May 2010.

I'd see how it goes and only replace it if it starts going.

Awesome. Thanks guys. The leon im hopefully getting has done mainly motorway miles before my brother got it anyway so it suspect the clutch is still in decent condition.

craigdabbs

my clutch intermittently slipped from 12months old on a standard map so i guess i had a weak clutch from the start, nows its been remapped its failed rather badly :)

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
I put a CG Motorsport paddle clutch and then after few weeks I have remapped my car. No slip even if I floor it from standstill. And it's not to hard too so very happy with it.

4937Liam

Jan 12, 2010
Lakenheath, Suffolk.
I had my map done last week at AmD and on the way home it was slipping - Im not suprised the car has done 107k on the original setup so I simply learn to drive around the slipping points within the rev range. Boot it low down in 5th and 6th and its going to happen 2nd, 3rd and 4th however are all fine.

Im saving for the uprated sach setup now.

Liam.

fr 150 boy

Jul 10, 2007
port talbot,south wales
Sachs uprated clutch

I had Leon remapped just over 3 1/2years it started slipping within 2000 miles! I changed the clutch to an sachs, touch wood 50,000 miles later still going strong,I did keep the original DMF on it!

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
had stage 1 revo done on mine about 9months after getting, clutch slip after but as said i just drive around it and don't generally boot from low down. car has done 61k now as a guide

GaryFR+

Had my Leon FR 150 remapped at Awesome GTi at about 80k on the standard clutch, on 89k now and its been fine not slipped at all! I do a boot it every now and then from the lights (up to 30mph of course) and had no trouble

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.