Springs

Jordanwaterhous

Motorsport > Scene
Sep 15, 2009
Leeds
www.facebook.com
In my experience coilovers are much better, obviously they cost more money but, in my experience, i can take corners with much more control and stability with no understeer. Where as my friends that have springs cannot compete.

Problem is, your dampers are designed to be used with OEM springs at a certain height, you put lower springs on and the damper will be compressed more than it would be, putting more strain on the damper and compromising handling.

I know coilovers are more expensive, but the FK AK's i have were £195 free delivery from DPM are very good for a budget coilover set.

Plus if you get adjustable ride height coilovers then you can have it as low as you like, where as if you buy springs, it drops to a certain height and thats it, so if you dont like that height then you have to buy a new set!

If i was you, i would save up the extra £100 and get some JOM's from Damian (Similar to FK's but come with 2 years warranty)

And if you cant fit them yourself and dont wanna pay garage price then bring the car and coilovers up to leeds and me and a mate will fit you for them.

Jordanwaterhous

Motorsport > Scene
Sep 15, 2009
Leeds
www.facebook.com
Cost me £360 to get them fitted :( dont know where they got that figure from but hey ho.

Got a mate who's a mechanic who can do it but he didn't tell me before and i didn't want to bugger it up!

Dazz 1989

XBOX Live = DazzAbell89
Jan 28, 2010
Cannock
I had these springs on mine, the front looked pretty cool but the back was still rather high i ended up buying fk coilies just for the rear to level them off which worked well.

ive got them springs & theyre not bad at all. it goes where i point it & they got rid of the body roll and the gap in the arch is a lot less too. wish i could have found some 60mm ones though as i want it lower but im not wasting money on coilovers to put them on a 1.2 just to make it look nice.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise